1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I'm stuck in a time loop.

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Ecco, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Ecco Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I understand that one must go back in time in order to kill the Priestess before she casts her spell. But the Portal itself isn't there anymore so I can't exit the time loop. I've done a search and I saw this problem elsewhere but I didn't see the solution posted. Is it a bug or am I not doing something? What's BIS' Forum? My thanks.

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I have been there yesterday too - admittedly this a pretty confusing quest. You have to settle a few things in the time loop - after doing so you have to go to the fields of slaughter and when you're finished you'll notice - you'll see a different scenery then.
    SPOILER:
    A brief and probably incomplete overview about the things you have to do to fninish that part of the game:
    -you have to give the king (the fire-elemental) an antidote
    -you have to kill king Lothar (the firegiant)
    -eventually you have to stop the yuan-ti mage from casting her spell (eventually this spell caused the time loop) - you can't miss this part - it's an animated scene, a little bit like: "Now you see the mage casting her spell - it is urgent that you succeed to stop her asap" ;)
    Good fun - she has some cool items btw ;)

Besides, don't be too confused when you suddenly end up in the ice fortress again - I was - but it pointed out I didn't have to reload :shake:

However, Dragon's eye is the weaker part of the game - the quests are clearly cryptic and partly annoying to do - it involves a lot of fed-ex'ing to get all the items and information you need.

[ October 10, 2002, 12:13: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

3. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Basically, with the time loop you have to go around and talk to the same people day to day (from day 5 back to day 1) and try to figure out what is going on. Once you get the boatman to take you to the different places within the level and you talk to the right folks, then you get an option from the boatman to go to the fields of slaughter exit. Once you exit to the fields of slaughter, you go back in time one day. When you get to day one, rush to the boatman and have him take you to the embassy. There you get to kill the mage and once she is dead, exit the field of slaughter where you will then be transported back to the ice temple to do the favor you promised Nickademos.

On day 2 be sure to have the boatman take you the fire bat nest to raid the chest of lots of goodies. And on day 5 you can raid the cabinets in the embassy. If you give King Pyros an antidote on day 3 or day 2 he will give you gold or an item (I got a returning throwing dagger +2 of flame-wow). The may be some other spoilers that could be added here, but just keep working your way back to the fields of slaughter and you should be fine.

4. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I did notice that one time the Fields of Slaughter exit didn't show up for some reason. I just reloaded and did that particular day over. The missing exit was restored.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.