1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IM NEW!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Wizard_IV, Sep 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizard_IV Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi im new to this board. I have every game that was built on the infinity engine. And I will get BG2. I post at the bgdeungon board, I have about 560 posts and my title is Master Dragonslayer. I AM KING!

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well here, because you're so new, you're but a peasent to step all over ;)

Welcome anyhow.

Sylvus

3. Wizard_IV Gems: 1/31

This peasent is packing a big pitchfork. BI-YATCH! ;)

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

That board couldn't suck a hobbit's dick! I tried it out, it has a horrible interface, and its on of the worst boards on bg there is. So, if you're gonna brag then at least brag about a good one.

btw, I have over 800 games total, and all the D&D games in existence! Plus one bad ass computer to play 'em on.

[This message has been edited by The Fat Egg (edited September 10, 2000).]

5. Wizard_IV Gems: 1/31

First of all genius, "that" board has the exact same interface as this. i believe its called UBB. Go to bgdungeon.com and check it out. And you know what, the signature on that UBB actully works. :p

6. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

I mean the way it looks! The way it plays so to speak!

7. Wingfoot Guest

560 posts, thats impressive ;). but thats what BG Dungeon is all about, seeing how many posts you can rack up.

i checked it out and its not bad, i wouldn't go as far as Egg man, but it the majority of the topics are pretty lame. one topic i remember was something like which NPC from BG would you "DO". i suppose that would be funny to some, but not me, and certanly isn't helpful in anyway.

i say quality not quantity. there are people on this board who have less posts then me, but most are quality posts that really do help people out.

8. Wizard_IV Gems: 1/31

Never seen that post.

9. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Up with that Wingfoot! I have to totally agree, this is definately the best D&D site there is! bgdungeon is in the lowest 10, and frankly I hate it. It claims that its #1, I wonder if the person running it knows just how wrong he\she are.

10. Wizard_IV Gems: 1/31

He claims nothing. Everyone knows Baldurs Gate Chronicles is the number 1 bg site. I just heard of this little bg site of yours. It hardly has any good bg2 infromation. All it has is kit and class desc which this site copied from BGC. Bgdungeon is known for its board. This board is just toooooooo boring. Im leaving.

11. Wizard_IV Gems: 1/31

O by the way Wingfoot, i think you got Bgdeungon mistaken with the official board about that npc doing topic.

12. Wingfoot Guest

no i didnt, i am only registeded on two sites, this one, and BGDungeon. i know for a fact it was on that site under the BG general talk forum. i also know that no one on this site would post a topic like that. i'll dig it for you so you can see for yourself.

basicaly what i was getting at is that most people on that board post stupid topics just to raise the number of posts they have.

13. Wingfoot Guest

well Wizard_IV it doesn't look like you will be back here, but just in case i brought up that topic on the BG general talk forum. it is under "Immature Poll", that is the tittle of the topic.

14. sminnis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

When I was in college there was this local moron who would crash every party in town every weekend. Total idiot. Everyone hated him. Came in drunk spouting off empty threats and grabbing asses. At least twice I saw him passed out in the bathtub with people (literally) pissing on him.

Wizard_IV reminds me of that guy.

15. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Piss off, wizard-IV.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks for all the support guys. Just goes to show what that other site has to offer. From almost 400 members this board has Wizard_IV was the first one I considered banning, and guess what, he came here from bgdungeon.
    But since he said he won't be coming here anymore, I guess that won't be necessary. But if I see another post of his in the same manner as he started, he'll be out.

This just goes to show that I have zero tolerance for pompous idiots who think they rule the world.

And for your information, Wizard_IV, this "little" site has much more interesting stuff that bgdungeon ever had, or will have (unless they copy it from us, which wouldn't surprise me one bit, lame sites tend to do that.)
    -BGdugeon is famous for it's boards? Yea, like Windows if famous for being bloated up. True, the board has quantity, but that's about all it has. I've been there once, and once too often.
    -Sorcerer's Guide to Kits copied from BGC? You're either blind, haven't read the first or the other or just so plain dumb you can't spot the difference.
    Over 50+ hours of work have gone into the making of the Kits Guide, and kit descriptions were taken from the original sourcebooks and served on the site a month before BGC even posted the first bit of the kits info on their site.
    In case you didn't notice, BGC didn't make any of that up, it all comes from the manuals.
    The only difference is that I went as far as to copy all of the relevant stuff, whereas BGC only posted a few paragraphs. They're updating them now, but if we're talking about who had more at the time, SP definitely did (and still does). Not to even mention that other site, which really copied it all from BGC. I think you need to get all the facts straightened here, because you obviously don't have a clue what you're writing about.

And unfortunately for you, this board encourages intelligent and helpful exhange of information over mindless ramblings and posts for the sake of quantity. Tough luck.
    Go back where you came from if this isn't good enough for you.

17. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] 500 posts shows he is a sad wanker with nothing better to do.

18. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Well, I don't want to toot the horn, but he'll be back when the BG2 Solution goes live :)

Seriously though, BGChronicles is good, but not a site I go back to regularly. The information they post is information posted from the message boards and trying to find any content, for myself and this view is no way supported by the rest of the staff here, is weak. The screenshots and information about the game you can always find at BGChronicles if you need it right away, but if you're hard pressed for knowledge, you're walking a thin line.

Sylvus Moonbow

19. Wizard_IV Gems: 1/31

This is the first time I have been called a pompus idiot by the webmaster. I never said BGD is good. I dont even look at their news. I just like to chat a little bit on their board. And BGC is number 1 is because it has more dedication to BG than ever had. I dont care about the kit descreeptions, for all we know bioware will adjust them to fit in with BG2. BGD or BGC never started saying they are the best BG sites, but you apperantly are. They dont go saying whats bad about your site. Have a little respect. BGC has been around longer than you. And yes I do know that your kit desc wore posted first. In my personaly opinion BGC is number 1. The only reason I have 500 posts is because theres something to reply to. Im not saying u dont have any intresting topics, im saying theres more topics. And I have been registered for a month in a half. BGD's Board has quality and quantity. And I will stick around a little bit just to see what is going on here. And why are you guys so hostile. I say im from BGD and you start thinking im saying they are better, and then you guys start saying that BGD sucks. Have some manners. Mybe the reason you dont have that much people is because u start attacking them when they register(im not trying to offend anyone).

[This message has been edited by Wizard_IV (edited September 11, 2000).]

20. Wizard_IV Gems: 1/31

I know we got off on the wrong foot. I apologize for gloating about BGD. I shouldnt have started talking about BGD's board. We all have the same intrest, and thats BG2. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.