1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I'm Lost

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by stout, Feb 11, 2003.

1. stout Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

How do you get out of the woods? lol and how do you get into the barbarian mound just out side of the village? I have tried everything? thanks

[ February 11, 2003, 04:31: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

There have been recent topics relating to this matter. You can search for them for more comprehensive explanations. In a nutshell, you can check the FAQs in this site, have a character use wilderness lore or put notes in your map.

And if you're referring to the mound to the area east of the village, it's part of the story after you're done with the woods.

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hmmmmm. I guess BTA hasn't played IwD2 yet.

Anyways, there's a pattern to the Fell Woods. You can look up the specific route in a walkthrough. If you don't care to do that, you can use your "tracking" ability for hints. But the best tool for this little game is the "X" key. Press "X".

It will give you an area number. AR1410 or whatever.

Make a map. Using these area numbers. Very, very rapidly, you will see which ones loop you back around, which ones take you back, and which ones take you to a new area.

There's about 3 "major" sections. And there is a trigger that you must pass to open up the new section. There is a woman to talk to. And item to recover. And a quest to finish, before the final area will be available to you. You will have to travel back and forth between the village and the woods a couple of times.

As far as the mound, I used my bard to pacify the spirit. I don't remember if I needed my thief to pick the lock, or if the mound was just open.

4. Istari of Thay Banned

[​IMG] SPOILER ALERT!
    SPOILER ALERT!

The only path I know without checking my notes are how to get to the dryad...

First, when your with the guardian of the woods (ghost)... Walk to the upper path... You should now be in a small clearing... Take the northern path... And now, another clearing, identical to the first...

Just take a trip to the eastern path, and take the eastern path on the next clearing too!!

You should now have made it to the dryad... ;)

From here use one of the tactics listed by Ejsmith and Charlie!!

Remember to save by each map, so you can start over if you get lost...

(leaving a arrow on each map is a good tactic, this way you'll never get lost, pressing X too, thanks Ejsmith...)

:D

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Or just use Wilderness Lore.

pfft. Does nobody actually use your ingame character's abiltities to defeat the game?

*sigh*

6. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Wilderness Lore only works some of the time.

But when you can map the place out by pressing X, why bother with Wilderness Lore?

7. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

That's the same as asking "why roleplaying when you can powergame?"

Because some actually try to place themselves in the characters.

8. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Totaly with Faragorn.

Some people are writing about races/feats/skills/... unusable in IWD2. They write: don't use them 'cause you can invest them somewhere else.

But what is a wizard without alchemy skill ?
    What us a ranger without wilderness knowledge ?

Did you eat an egg without salt ? Some people like it. OK. They NEVER eat an egg WITH salt.

But I like Chefs "Chocolate Salty Balls". :)
    An ranger with wilderness knowledge too.

Why ? 'Cause my Quicho Slink from NWN is related to Fridela Slink from IWD2 - and Hide is very strong in their family (Slinks are naughty halflings family in my 'little universe' - where wizards are alchemists and rangers don't get lost in wild and ...).

Sorry for ... Park and ... Wars in this post.

;) And why am I speaking to those ignorant humans ? 'Cause I like them. They are so funny - many stats, strengths and weakneses.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Er... You mean to say that a Ranger without Wilderness Lore is like a stuffed turkey without stuffing?

10. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I never tryed turkey. Never in my life. Stuffed or not stuffed. I do not know what stuffed turkey is. (I know what turkey is).

It not sooo big (ranger without wilderness knowledge).

What I wanted to say, that if somebody has his preference (ranger + wilderness knowledge, or salty egg or NONsalty egg) it is not good to drop it because of "it's no effective".

It's OK, when you want to try something else. But not only for not spending points if somebody sees it as useless. First, it is a spoiler. Second, what if, only what if there will be an expansion and you can continue with your party and this unuseless skill will be of use there ...

I mean - play it by your way. Learn from your mistakes, error. Learn from others. But try (c)RPG as RPG player. If you (not you personally of course but any-person-you) want to have a perfect economy game, try simcity or what-so-ever.

Yes (c)RPG is about economy - on abilities, MC, feats, skill, assigning equipment, merchandise (real economy), ... but (c)RPG is meant to be fun

I understand, that buggy feat should not be used (buggy is nearly not existing ...) - this is not 100% true - what if there will be a patch that repairs it ? :D

Really I like to laugh at myself. I play something like RPG IRL (in real life) too. Not all the time. It's funny to see reaction of poeple who knows me and realize: is he mad ? or is he joking ? what the hell is he doing. Playing, joking - on their account, sometimes on my own.

These two posts are also kinda joky. But true is also there. :)

Don't you mind ?

P.S. I see a joky side in your mail too.
    P.P.S. I will try to find a stuffed turkey meal somewhere. I live in Slovakia. First I'll try to realize what "stuffed" in stuffed turkey means in Slovak. And then take a ride through restaurants in the vicinity.

[ February 27, 2003, 17:50: Message edited by: Quicho ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.