1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If you could be...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Mistyca, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Mistyca Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

...a character of BG, who would you be. I mean, race, class, proficiencies....

I'd go with a human sorcerer with my robe of vecna, ring of wizardry and ring of gaxx, staff of magi, amulet of power, a belt raising strenght. Not so bad....

2. Melkhior Guest

I´d be my beer loving, beast hating, red haired - dwarf!! He´s a berserker and strong as hell..
    Honestly, I can say that I think that Dwarfs are the coolest race in fantasy. Elves are thin little wimps :D

3. antoine Guest

Elves rule and are the coolest race of Faerun. Well, an elven ranger maybe

What is the robe of vecna and where can you find it? (did I ask this before?? I can't remember)

4. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I would probably be a monk ;). Thinking that they are overpowered and all. I would also use a big and get Keldorn's Armour ;)

Oh and the Robe of Vecna - Bonus Merchants, the one in Ribald's Store.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I would be as I said number of times: fighter/mage/thief. Items? Whatever Mystra sends me - I'll always beat you all up just with that. Or without that. :p :cool:

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I would be an Elven ranger with long sword and Long Bow our maybe a thief.

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I would have to be a random Dwarven commoner - the kind that can't say anything other than "by moradin's hammer", "I need a swig o' some strong dwarven ale" and "me temper's bad enough wi'out ye botherin' me". Maybe Cromwell's missing apprentice. hmmm could be a quest in there...

8. zero Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I would be a human Cavalier with Calastial Fury so when stun efect a Demon I split on him.

9. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] We've answered this question many times but its such a cool question so thats cool. I would probably be a Priest somewhere in the Temple district. Probably just walking around and shopping for books and carrying a cool Mace or Flail.

[This message has been edited by Orkrist the Cleaver (edited June 28, 2001).]

10. ayecapitan Guest

I'd be a human rogue (prolly swashbuckler), with a dagger +1 in each hand, a green cloak with red stripes, no armor and a big yellow blink dog at my side

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd be a Cavalier or a Skald.

12. Mirkwood Guest

A fat merchant; living in luxury in a grand estate in the Goverment district paid for by buying valuable items from stupid adventurers for a pittance and then selling them with a 1000% markup.

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] a mage no doubt, mind over matter fits me like a charm :)

14. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'd be a Mage/thief with high level hide in shadows, invisibility, and polymorph, along with those charm spells, just think of the possibilities.

15. I know I am twisting the topic a bit, But If I should choose which character from BG2 i would be, I would go for Minsc. Not too much to think of and I like the forrest life. plus it is obvious that his tatoo attracts women.

A plain answer would be a Elven ranger in leather armor, with a club or staff of some kind nothing fancy, just keeping a little village safe I like the idea of a long healthy life. Perhaps settle down in Umar :)

[This message has been edited by The Nomad (edited June 28, 2001).]

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I'd be a Dual Class Fighter/Cleric.
    Alignmnet: Lawful Good
    Race: Human

Weapons: Dual Weild Katana & War Hammer (you can guess which ones I'd pick from BG2 :D) (I think a dc f/c can still use edged weapons)

Nope - can't use Katana anymore (you'd think they would say something about that in the rules. . . )

So, I guess I would wield Crom Fayr & the Flail of Ages.

If you let me jump into a 3rd Edition World, I would be a Gray Elf Paladin/Cleric weilding a holy avenger sword.

[This message has been edited by Mathetais (edited July 19, 2001).]

17. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Torn between two choices....

1. Paladin/Cavalier -

2. Chaotic Neutral

Addendum:
    Sorry for all the Throne of Bhall references, I just beat it this morning. DAMN its awesome!

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited June 28, 2001).]

***What ToB references? I don't see any!!***

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 01, 2001).]

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Alex - Welcome to "Spoiler-ville".

Now that I know that:

**SPOILER**

My copy of TOB is arriving from Amazon today, but you just sucked the fun right out of it! ;) :p

Dragons! Avenge me!!!!

19. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

DRAGONS ?!?!

Alex the Grim Spoiler is slowly shredding the last remnants of joy left in my otherwise painful life!

STOP IT, please before I find out what the Circlet of Nincompoop does and how it can turn all Watchers into ants and step on them!!!

20. The Nomad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You are very naughty Alex. I like to spend my sparse sparetime from the army with BG2. Don't put those things up my nose. I was already deep in your "spoiler" when I found out what I was reading. And Then You do it again... Give me twenty sonny :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.