1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ideas for Jalerho's Super Magic Fun Shop

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Dakkon Darkblade, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Dakkon Darkblade Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hello everybody! Dakkon Darkblade at your service... some of you might know me from a couple other forums, like Ironworks, or TeamBG, but if you don't... Well met and welcome! *grins*

Now, I come to this forum with a similar proposition for you all. What proposition you say? Well, let me first tell you I am an editor of Infinity Engine games, along with so many others... though I am far from the best, nor far from the worst... somewhere in between. :) I happen to have had a wonderful idea not too long ago... a shop and shopkeeper that I could distribute to people... but I didn't want it to simply be all *my* ideas... for even like a project that has many varied and different views. So... I came about asking around if people had any ideas for items in this shop, or quest ideas as well that I might include with it.

That's where you all come in.. I come to you asking the same thing, if this forum had any unique and interesting ideas for weapons, armor, rings, robes, helms, etc., that might make it into the little minimod thing... *grins* It will surely be a good little addition when done, with so many ideas... in fact I already have several that I could post for you all if you'd want me to... but for now... start thinking, and start posting! *grins*

2. ender Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

more stuff for paladins, and something that enhances a theif's traps or gives you more. Traps rule!

3. zaknafein Guest

more cool katanas, scimitars and wakizashis

4. Dakkon Darkblade Gems: 1/31

*grins* Ah, a good start I must say in only a few hours... just a thing though I should mention. If you guys were to put an idea or something in the form of how an identified item would read, it would help me greatly... then I could just fill in the fields when I like.. since I have all the tools and everything ready, already.

Here's a sample of one of the weapons...

Silencer +2

This mysterious blade has had countless users over the centuries, and it would be impossible to go back and track them all. It's creation is shrouded in rumors, some saying that Mask himself gave it to one of his trusty assassins, who then was the product of an ambush by another vengeful diety, possibly Cyric and many of his fanatical priests.

Others say that it was commissioned at great expense by an assassin by the name of Nightshade, by a Dwarven smith friend of hers, to aid her in her sometimes psychotic frenzies of blood.

Perhaps a third opinion would retain that Mask did create the blade, and Nightshade knew about it, wanting the blade for herself. She then would have had to stalk that thief for many days, and finally, ambush him and end his life that way.

In any case, it is believed that thousands have perished from being caught at the end of this disreputable blade, and it's sharper edge is permanently stained in blood.

STATISTICS:

Special Abilities (While Equipped):
    +20% to Hide in Shadows
    +20% to Move Silently

THACO: +2 bonus
    Damage: 1D6 +2
    Damage type: piercing
    Weight: 2
    Speed Factor: 0
    Proficiency Type: Short Sword
    Type: 1-handed
    Usable By:
    Thieves

----

Now, keep em comin! *grins* You don't necessarily have to worry about the history, unless you want to.. I can think them up if you guys don't write any.

5. Xenomorph Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hi Dakkon. I guess your name is from Dakkon Blackblade from Magic:the gathering:)
    Anyway, for an item you could make...The short sword of backstabing is not like the one in PnP. In BG, it's only a short sword +3 but in PnP, it's a short sword +2 that when you backstab, you do it like you were 4 levels higher in term of thaco and damage multiplier. So if you take a thief level 10 with a thaco of 16 and a backstab of x4, he will be considered a thief level 14 with thaco of 14 and backstab of x5. I don't think it's doable but I wanted to share it with you all.:)

[This message has been edited by Xenomorph (edited March 30, 2002).]

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Absolutely no more paladin stuff! They already got cheesy Carsomyr and one of the first TDD things I found when I played the game was another +5 paladin sword!
    I like your silencer very much. More things for evil people. What about a dagger of speed or something

Damage: 1d4+2
    thac0: +2
    special ability: gives two extra attacks per round.

7. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I would recommend new items in so far underestimated weapon classes. I mean, we don't need another magical 2-handed sword, donn't we?

Here's an example:

** Raging Spear

This powerful weapon probably comes from the deep North. It is thought that it was designed as a "propedeutical" mean to train new promising young berserker warriors; of course, no youngster had free access to it. To do its work, the spear helps a fighter to develop his control of his fury, enhances his toughness and protects him from the most common dangers of those places. Brought into our lands by a barbarian raid, it is now considered a very dangerous weapons both for the wielder and for the foe.

STATISTICS:

Special Abilities (while wielding):
    Berserker Rage once a day
    Charm Animal thrice a day
    +25% resistance to cold damage
    +25% resistance to electricity
    +2 Constitution

THACO: +3 bonus
    Damage: 1d6+3
    Weight: 5
    Speed Factor: 3
    Proficiency type: Spears
    Type: 2-handed
    Not usable by:
    Clerics
    Mages
    Thieves
    Lawful aligned characters

[This message has been edited by Israfel (edited March 30, 2002).]

8. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How about a Wakizashi?

'The Companion' Wakizashi +3

The Companion was the name of a short blade wielded by an Ancient Samurai, whose name has been lost in time forever. Legend has it that when he would wield this sword, he seemed to move like lightning. His lightning speed earned him the name, Death Storm, as he struck with ferocity that usually left his enemies dead. But, when he died, it was because he lost this sword, and by comparison, he was sluggish.

Wakizashi
    1d8+3
    Haste While Equipped

9. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The two above are neat :)

Make weapons ie. like clubs, spears, scimitars etc... I dont want to see another awesome longsword, or another nice SUPERBUFFED up Two handed sword..

oh Well

10. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Robe of changing magic.

About twice a day the robe casts an automatic healing spell on the wearer.

11. Israfel Gems: 4/31

Here are a few nice items:

** Girdle of Warding

Seriven was a mage who led an agency of bodyguards in Athkatla. For an extra cost of 200 GP, he would lend this girdle to his customers in addition to the adventurers' services they bought. Unfortunately, one of these customers was murdered despite Seriven's bodyguards, and the assassins stole the girdle. The mage never thought about getting it back, since he was busy escaping the anger of the victim's family.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

Bonus +1 AC
    Immunity to backstab
    Cast "Cure Critical Wounds" on the wearer once a day

Weight: 3

** Helm of the Sunflower

After the cult of the sungod Amaunator fell down, many of the sacred items kept by his priests were lost. This elaborated helm is one of them: although it was crafted more as a ritual decoration than as a battle protection (in fact, it does not cover a great part of one's head and it's uncomfortable to move quickly with it), it has some powers worth of note.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

Cast "Sun Ray" twice a day
    Cast "False Dawn" once a day
    Permanent Protection from Evil
    Permanent Negative Plane Protection
    Bonus +1 Charisma in the open daylight
    Malus -3 AC vs. missile weapons
    -20% Move Silently
    -30% Hide in Shadows

Weight: 5
    Not usable by:
    Thieves
    Mages
    Bards
    Evil aligned characters

** Mephitbane

About fifty ago, an uncareful wizard named Zarif messed up something during a risky abyssal evocation. As a result, his tower near Baldur's Gate became a nest of mephits of all sorts, trapped into our plane by his sorcery. Soon after they started spreading havoc in the surrounding lands, a commando of the Flaming Fist cleared the tower, led by a master archer who wielded this bow appositedly made by an elvish weaponsmith. They never found the corpse of the foolish Zarif, though, and since it could not be excluded that he had managed to escape the mephit, the bow was kept in the Baldur's Gate museum, from where it was stolen some time ago.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
    +30% resistance to fire, ice and electricity
    +3 save vs. spells

STATISTICS:

THAC0: +4
    Damage: +3
    Weight: 8
    Proficiency type: Long Composite Bow
    Type: 2 handed
    Not usable by:
    Clerics
    Druids
    Thieves
    Mages
    Bards

** Korko's Arm

What looks like a piece of brown rock is in truth the arm of a powerful Earth Elemental, Korko. Ages ago he, enraged, sworn that he would give one of his own arms to anyone who would return to him his beloved wife, Jacana, lost since a human wizard summoned her to the Prime Material Plane. The ogre magi Gronin heard about this and tried to get advantage of the situation. He put forth all of his magic skills and created a wonderful illusion of Jacana, perfect to senses and gifted with limited intelligence. He then summoned Korko and told him that he had found Jacana wandering in the wilderness, still confused because of the magic of the wizard, "a temporary effect"; Korko, joyful beyond words, gratefully cut his arm and gave it to the ogre magi. A few hours later, Jacana vanished in a cloud of smoke: Korko, finally realising the ogre's treachery, returned to the Material Plane to get revenge, but he was killed by the ogre using his own arm.
    This arm can be used like a normal staff, but it requires a great strength to wield it. Except its might, it has no special power; a desperate adventurer might hit the ground with it and summon an Earth Elemental with the authority of Korko, but the summoned creature would immediately realise the joke and get VERY angry with everyone nearby...

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
    Summon an Earth Elemental once a day, who will attack everyone in the area until destroyed or until he sees no one left.

STATISTICS:
    THAC0: +3
    Damage: 1d6+20
    Damage type: crushing
    Weight: 30
    Requires: Strength 20
    Proficiency type: Staff
    Not usable by:
    Monk

** Cursed Helm of the Minotaur Shapeshift

Very little is known about this helm. An unlucky adventurer whose name is now forgotten found it in a cave, and admiring its beauty and toughness put it on. He was immediately turned into a ravaging Minotaur, and started scourging the cave until he finally entered the Underdark and was killed by Drow warriors, who brought the helm to the most important Matron of the city. She understood both the curse and the power of the helm, and estabilished that the strongest Drow damned to death should be instead brought in the front of the most dangerous battles with the surface Elves and then had the helm put on. Those unfortunates become an important weapon of the Dark Elves. The helm fell in the surface elves' hands after the Drow completely lost a battle and thus had no survivor available to rescue it.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
    Turns the wearer into a Greater Minotaur. The wearer is also under the permanent effect of a Berserker Rage
    Protects from Critical Hits
    Can be removed only with a Remove Curse spell

STATISTICS:
    Weight: 8
    Not usable by:
    Mages
    Thieves
    Bards

[This message has been edited by Israfel (edited March 30, 2002).]

12. C'Jakob Guest

Here's a few:

CLAY DAGGER +2
    Lefkle's Trollbane

It is said that the famed planewalker, Lefkle Aost, crafted four great weapons upon his retirement from adventuring, each one corresponding with the inner planes of Fire, Earth, Water, and Air. This one is a simple clay dagger, its blade taken from the heart of an Earth Elemental Prince. Lefkle gave this to his nephew, who used against to lead a campaign against marsh trolls.

STATISTICS:

-Cast Stone to Flesh once/day
    -Slay Air Elemental on hit unless save vs. death

THACO: +2 bonus
    Damage: 1D4 +2
    Weight: 2
    Speed Factor: 0
    Proficiency Type: Dagger
    Type: 1-handed
    Not Usable By:
    Clerics

BURNING HELM
    Lefkle's Headtorch

It is said that the famed planewalker, Lefkle Aost, crafted four great tools upon his retirement from adventuring, each one corresponding with the inner planes of Fire, Earth, Water, and Air. This one is a helmet, each of its two horns shining like a torch. It has been jealously sought among thieves and grave plunderers of dungeons and caves, needless to say.

STATISTICS:

-Cast Flame Strike once/day
    -40% Fire Resistance

-Special: Protects from critical hits.

SLEEK LONGBOW +2
    Lefkle's True Aim

It is said that the famed planewalker, Lefkle Aost, crafted four great weapons upon his retirement from adventuring, each one corresponding with the inner planes of Fire, Earth, Water, and Air. This one is a magical bow, the very winds themselves blowing the arrow to its target. This one is said to have slain three orcs in a single shot; flying through the skulls of the first two, and then impaling itself through the throat of the third.

STATISTICS:

Damage: +2 bonus
    Weight: 4
    Speed Factor: Err. . . whatever a longbow +2 should be.
    Proficiency Type: Long Bow
    Not Usable By:
    Clerics
    Druids
    Mages
    Thieves

WATER RING
    Lefkle's Free Ring

It is said that the famed planewalker, Lefkle Aost, crafted four great tools upon his retirement from adventuring, each one corresponding with the inner planes of Fire, Earth, Water, and Air. This one is a ring made of water, never falling from the wearer's finger. This single ring has been the fear of many a Fire Salamander, being able to destroy their kind with a single command word.

STATISTICS:

-Free Action
    -Deal 3d10 damage to Efreet, Salamanders, Fire Elementals, Demons, and Fire Mephits three times/day. (yeah, I know it's copied from The Wave.

[This message has been edited by C'Jakob (edited March 31, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by C'Jakob (edited April 01, 2002).]

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  14. Eze&Sharkie Guest

Darthon Ring

Famous mage called Felarios got always in weird troubles. To survive,he imprisoned a nymph and took her blood to make the Darthon Ring. That earned him the anger of nymphs and when Felarios went to investigate the Firewine Ruins, he was killed by the nymphs and the ring was lost.

STATISTICS:
    Special Abilities:
    Immune to poison
    When wearers HP are under 50% casts Cure Critical Wounds
    When wearer is casting a spell,makes him invisible
    When wearer meets a nymph,she will turn hostile,no matter what and is invulnerable
    When wearer dies,creates a Magic Missile,what strikes the person most close to the wearer

Usable by:
    Everyone,except Lawful Good

Silly little thingy,huh?

15. [​IMG] I'd really like to see more magical Katana's found in SoA, maybe a +4 on that thief(??) in Twisted Rune. Maybe a couple of others scattered around, (in the Underdark maybe?). The only good Katana's in it that I can recall are Dakkon Zerth's(sp?) Blade, and Celestial Fury(sp?). I dont relly care for the former, because I change weapons, and that messes with my Mage/Theifs spell book.

16. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Katanas are supposed to be rare...

I rest my case.

17. C'Jakob Guest

Some more:

VOLACANIC LANCE +3

Now that the Clay Dagger and the Burning Helm have been forged together, they have produced a powerful spear of both fire and earth, its spearhead burning with magic flames, and its magic can transform a mighty foe into slag upon a single touch. Though this weapon is new, it will certainly see many great battles over the course of time and be heralded in many a legend.

STATISTICS:

-5% of Petrifying target. (save vs. petrification/polymorph to negate)
    -5% to cast Flame Strike on hit, as per the spell

Damage: 1D6 +3, +1 fire damage
    Weight: 12
    Proficiency Type: spear
    Requires: 5 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Clerics
    Mages
    Thieves

CRYSTAL SHIELD +3
    Now that the Sleek Longbow and the Water Ring have been forged together, they have produced a powerful shield of freezing, unbreakable ice. The bearer of this guard never need to fear fire again, and is a powerful offense in itself, being able to freeze the wielder's foes to death. Though this defense is new, it will certainly see many great battles over the course of time and be heralded in many a legend.

STATISTICS:

-50% Fire Resistance
    -Cast "Chill Circle" once/day. Does 1d6 cold damage per level up to 15d6, with a save vs. spell for half in 15" radius. (basically Sunfire, but with cold damage)

Armor Class Bonus: +4
    Type: Medium Shield
    Weight: 10
    Requires: 8 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Druids
    Mages
    Thieves
    Bards

SMOKING GUARD +3

Now that the Sleek Longbow and the Burning Helm have been forged together, they have produced a powerful suit of studded leather enchanted with fiery smoke. This armor's tendrils of smoke can reach out and nauseate even the most hardy dwarves. Though this armor is new, it will certainly see many great battles over the course of time and be heralded in many a legend.

STATISTICS:

-Cast Battle Smoke once/day. Everyone in 15" of wielder must make a save vs. death or be confused for 3 rounds and take 2d6 points of fire damage and 2d6 points of poison damage

AC: 4
    Weight: 10
    Type: Studded Leather
    Requires: 4 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Mages

OOZE HANDS

Now that the Clay Dagger and the Water Ring have been forged together, they have produced a powerful glove that corrodes flesh on touch and fires streams of acid. Though this gear is new, it will certainly see many great battles over the course of time and be heralded in many a legend.

STATISTICS:

-Shoot Stream of Acid three/day, range: 25", does 1d6 acid damage, then 1d4 damage each round for next three rounds.
    -Corroding Touch once/day. Person touches target, slows target and deals 2d20 acid damage. (this spell is kinda like Vampiric Touch)

Weight: 3
    Not Usable By:

[This message has been edited by C'Jakob (edited April 03, 2002).]

18. Lithorn Gems: 4/31

Something very powerful. Perhaps:

Black Bracers Of Death

This artifact was said to of been created by Bane himself, in the time of troubles. When Banes avatar was desroyed, the bracers were lost, and never seen again for years.

But then rumors came of dark sorcery being unleashed in the west, and four heroes were sent forth to destroy the source.

Sages tell of how the heroes destroyed the evil, and took a great artifact from the man who controlled it. At the feast of celebration the bracers began to glow black.

All lights in the building died, and the next day the bracers, and no living soul could be found there.

STATISTICS:

Summon Shadow-Three times per day
    Control Undead-Seven times per day
    Black Blades Of Disaster-Once per day
    +50% to Hide in Shadows

Weight: 1
    Damage: None
    Damage Type: None
    Speed Factor: None
    Proficiency Type: Bracers
    Usable By:
    Theives, Necromancers

19. DrFaust Gems: 1/31

SKATEBOARD +2
    The Totally Thrashing Deck of Elminster

A relic from the sage's younger days on the streets of Athalantar, this skateboard appears heavily worn, but the enchantments remain sturdy, and so it is less than likely to break on the half-pipe. On the bottom is a decal from a now defunct skate shop in Myth Drannor.

STATISTICS:
    -- When equipped (as footwear), it grants a 25% increase to movement rate.
    -- -2 AC vs. missiles.
    -- Once a day, the user may invoke the board's Dumb Luck ability and receive +3 to all saving throws for 30 seconds.

Not usable by:
    -- People with a Dexterity lower than 14.
    -- Fighters and their respective kits.

:grin:

Faust

20. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Night's Caress
    Club + 3
    +3 to THACO
    Does no damage
    Succesful hit centres Sleep spell on target with -4 saving throw penalty.
    Hide in shadows, move silently +25%

In certain of the less reputable taverns of Athkatla one can often hear tales of Folji Nighthand, who was reputedly responsible for the greatest string of burglaries in known history. Every single one carried his unique calling card. Guards would find hours of their lives unnaccountably missing and one black velvet glove lying in an otherwise empty safe - and without a trace of violence or anyone having seen the perpetrator. His success was attributable to this enchanted blackjack, which never turned up when he was found floating in Athkatla harbour with a note from Aran Linvail carved on his back.

Only useable by thieves

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.