1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IceWind Dale ll "Cheat Codes"

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Traxx, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Traxx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've been reading some of the postings about "cheat codes" for Ice Wind DaleII ... and am baffeled.

When you wanted to use "cheat codes" for BG2 SOA, you had to alter the configuration settings with the command .."Debug Mode=1" ..

Do we have to alter the configuration settins for Ice Wind also? If so, what is the codeing line?

And also the complete procesure .

I'm a "newby" here, so don't beat me too severely if this is old business.

Thanks

Traxx

2. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

3. Traxx Gems: 1/31

NOPE ... To put it in simple. easy terms .. how do you do this??

"Enable the cheat console using the Icewind Dale II configuration program, then press CTRL + TAB in-game to open the console and type one of the following commands......"

WHAT is the cheat console? In SOA using the "console" was opened by hitting the CRTL and SPACE key/bar at the same time ... AFTER you altered the programs options with the command line "Debug Mode=1" .... in the programs DIRECTORY on the hard drive ...

Are we supposed to do this for THIS game also?

Following the "hints" given so far leads nowhere ...

4. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Run the Icewind Dale II configuration program (config.exe, conveniently enough). Choose the "Game" tab at the top. In the top right, you will see "Game Settings." Third option down is "Enable Cheat Console." This is instead of having to edit .ini files.

Now when you start the game and press CTRL+TAB, you will see a text input box at the bottom of the screen where you can enter any of the commands.

5. Vensal331 Gems: 1/31

icewind dale help

[​IMG]
    hey i started playing icewind dale II but i m stuck at a certain part and the time it would take to make up enough gold to move on isnt worth it .... i was hoping some one could tell me why my cheats wont work ..... i have not seen command codes like these before .. what with the ctrlaltdelete thing at the begining and do you have to put it on normal for the cheats to work ..... (my party has an imbalance i'm aware of an im working to correct that ... but still ... any help would be good

---------- Added 0 hours, 53 minutes and 21 seconds later... ----------

im playing on easy cuz i have a character imbalance (my wizard/ sorcerer is a piece of crap) i have no gold and the time it'd take to get the required amount of gold is not worth it do i need to increase the level so the cheats work or am i doing something wrong ... i never edited any files. just activated the console .... what is this ctrlaltdelete thing??? and every time i put it down it say i need to encase something with () or strings with "" (wich i do anyways) i have played oblivion and several other rpg's but i have not seen a code like this before (i prefere not to cheat till i cant go any futher then i usually cheat to get what i need to move on then go back to playing normaly)

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I fixed the SP link above, should tell you all you need to know.

7. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

You may need a better party line-up too. I would not go for a Wizard/Sorceror. I would opt for two separate PCs, one of whom is a Wizard, while the other is a Sorceror. In 3E multiclassing is a bad idea for a serious spellcaster.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.