1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Dale II Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Sep 6, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Veldrin)

Chad Nicholas, Scripter

Stunning Attack: If you've got the portrait icon, then you're half way done. Make sure you don't have a weapon equiped and go try and punch an enemy in the face. If you hit, they should have to make a saving throw (Fortitued I think) or be stunned. You can use the feat while in a wildshape. My druid stuns foes left and right as a bear, or a shambling mound, or an earth elemental.

Weapon Shifting Hands: You probably have the "Sprite Mirroring" option turned on. You can turn it off with the Config program. Turning it off might lower your framerate a bit and will definitely require more RAM for the program.

I forgot that the BG2 avatars only come with sprite mirroring. They only have half the directions rendered. Yeah, the Sprite Mirroring option won't help you with the PC avatars. Sorry 'bout that.

Dave Maldonado, Designer

Helmets: Yeah, their only real use now is to provide another spot on a character's body to slap a magic item onto. They've essentially been reduced to the role of rings or amulets - mere decoration if the item in question is mundane, and an equipped magic item otherwise.

There are some sort of neat magic helmets in the game, I think.

Damien Foletto, Designer

IWD2 Too Hardcore? Depends who the target audience is. If the target audience is the hard-core niche market that likes to fine tune the details and is familiar with the 3E rules, then I believe IWD2 pretty much succeeds.

However, if IWD2's target audience is the casual gamer/mass market who likes to jump in a game and figure out the rules with experimentation and clicking things within a 15 to 30 minute period, then walk away after an hour of playing and feeling like he accomplished some good play time, then IWD2 doesn't meet that audience.

So, my opinion:

Niche market = Yes it's too hard-core, and that's a good thing.

Mass Market = Yes it's too hard-core, and that's a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.