1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Dale II Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Sep 8, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Veldrin)

Chad Nicholas, Scripter

Call Lightning and Static Charge: Call Lightning and Static Charge go off once per turn (10 rounds or 70 seconds).

Upping Performance: Try turning off the option for transparent spell effects (transparent sprites? sorry, I'm at home at the moment) in the config program. The way the IE does transparency is... how do I say this nicely... poopy-in-the-pants.

Does anyone have a non MX nVidia card and have very choppy framerate with spell effects? My guess is that the MX version skimped on memory bandwidth and that's contributing to the framerate loss with spells.

J.E. Sawyer, Lead Designer

Weak Armor: Strangely enough, I thought that the idea wasn't to make characters invulnerable to all attacks, but to allow their armor to scale at a roughly similar rate to the attack bonuses of the enemies.

Let's assume that by the end of Chapter 6, you can have ACs of 25-30 for your front-line fighters (it's really not that hard to do). A creature with a total attack bonus of +15 or +20 would have a 50% chance to hit you. Considering that all of your warrior PCs almost assuredly have more than +15/+20 total attack bonus and most of the enemies have much worse armor than you, I don't think this is unreasonable at all. If your characters never get hit, hit points really don't have any value.

Dialogue Skills: I requested that the player be shown which dialogue options are the result of bluff/diplomacy/intimidate/etc., but we didn't have time to implement it. Characters definitely do get new options based on those skills.

Doug Avery, Associate Producer

CE Soundtrack on Winamp: You can try using the Windows default CDplayer.exe or get Windows Media Player from the Microsoft site. Sorry, but I don't use Winamp so I can't give you specifics with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.