1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

i was soooo seeing Micheal Moore

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by teekc, Oct 18, 2004.

1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, i am not American to begin with but i am lucky (or wise enough to choose) to study in Iowa State U because Iowa as it turns out is a swing state. Oh you should have seen how those president wannabes and their lackeys came pouring here. But anyway, Micheal Moore came last night (for $4000, the will be a republican lackey next week, Ann Coulter, for $11000, see the difference?) and i, with a mixture of democrats and republicans friends went to watch him. When asked why i wanted to tag along, i answered, fairly and orderly, "i cannot see william hung in person"

So, Micheal Moore was late, 90 mins! Many people left and we got to sit closer. This was held in our basketball arena. While we were waiting for his late arrival, don't know when people started lining up infront of the camera to show their T-shirts with slogan in the big screen. One that i like a lot was a picture of Bush senior and Bush junior with the title "dumb and dumber".

Then finally, Micheal Moore arrived He opened the 'show' (if i may) with your typical late night talk show republican bashing jokes. Throw in some funny "vote Bush ad", and recited the story the little kid was reading while Bush was informed that America was underattack on sep 11, titled "My Pet Goat".

Well, as i said, i am not an American to being with, so i went there for the free show. Apart from repeating what he said in his film, he had some words exchanges with Nader supporters, which was new to me. he said, and i quote, "the stakes are too high". For once, i thought this is really good.

[ October 18, 2004, 22:11: Message edited by: teekc ]

2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

What? <confused>

What? <still confused>

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

First confusion - william hung is a subcomedian comedian. eh... you know the kind of people who talks funny, physically funny not funny funny. To me, a recording of Hitler's speech is comedy, regardless of the content.

second confusion - Iowa might just pull a Florida this year, for both Repbulican and Democrats, Nader's supporters might cost them the state, which might cost them the presidency. The high stakes were referring especially to the war.

[ October 19, 2004, 03:29: Message edited by: teekc ]

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'm seeing him in on Thursday.

I just got tickets to his talk whatever. It's gonna be awesome.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.