1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I really don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Ofelix, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh dear role player of Sorcerers, I seek thy Wisdom! As I am in dire need of council from thou!

Okay, my ¨news¨ player whom I had tested they style of play, for about two week has just showed me last sunday the worst D&D game ever! EVER!

the char

A CN human fighter raised by dwarf...
    His only goal his to make money, his only word so far were:

Let's kill him / her / it
    I want gold NOW!
    Shut up!
    hahahahaha
    I wanna get drunk!
    roooaarrrr!
    arrrr
    grrrr
    arrrgrrr
    I don't care about you
    Curse you DM

Okay he ALWAYS try to contradict me! ¨How come their is no way to disarm the trap?¨ ¨Why can't I use my wooden shield to swin better?¨ ¨I got a 17! I should find something¨ One time he even try to kill one of the other player TWICE!

The other player a human Fighter/Mage name Axel who came from Rel Astra but he loath sea and water?! WTF?! and he's the most careless player alive

The other playe: What is their a trap?
    He: relax, their will be no trap!

Th next he knows well he was it bny 4 arrow... now he's at -14 HP...

The other player who his the brother of Axel, Davaid the char's one not the player btw. He his a D&D geek while he is not. Only because he once read 25-30 page of ADVANCED DUNGEON AND DRAGON FIRST EDITION he think he know everything about 3E and therefore he shouldn't listen to me... he's also a F/M but he think because he's a Fighter he should be in mellee... yeah right AC 13... so each time he got hit by a foe, he whine but I'm a warrior! Also at school he ALWAYS talk about his char, like the best way to min/max, but never about his history / past / goal, even when I asked him!

The fourth one not better^^ One word: SEARCH. he didn't do ANYTHING at all but
    ¨I use search¨
    but he's a FREAKING 18str 8INT FIGHTER...

the fifth one... the twin of the forth one in real life. While everybody is CN or N and egocentrics he's a Aragorn wanna-be LG ranger... he always whine about the action of the other player and he whine that the group his pathetic. Also every freaking time we relax and make joke after 45 minute ¨role play¨ if we can call this ¨number two¨ of a game roleplay, He whine that we're not playing our char, but he never change voice nor play like a ranger and he doesn't EVEN call the other player their char NAME...

that's about it...

Oh once Axel activated a wand of lighting TWICE near a lake when everybody was wet, he almost killed Everybody...

And everybody don't know why the team is unballanced and after three encounter they are at 5-9 HP, look their are All a warrior type, exept the two brother who are also Mage, no rogue, no priest just freaking fighter...

PLEASE I need advise!

2. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I'm not a very experienced DM, but I got one advice for you:

Sit down and talk to your players like a dictator. Tell them that you're the DM here, and you decide what should/shouldn't be done. And use a Schwarzenegger quote:
    It may not be the best tip, but you could try it if you want to... :)

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

It sounds like this player is ruining the fun for you and the other players. Either talk to him in private, or you may simply have to put him out of your game.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, you can either A. Find a new gaming group because yours SUCKS!
    or B. You cantell them straight what you think and start again - this one probably won't work.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I did number B and....it worked! They understood my point and they will change, I only whish that they will truly chane though...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.