1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I need help regarding my mage

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Alien-_-Hunter, Apr 27, 2001.

1. Alien-_-Hunter Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I started a Half-Elf Mage
    I Not sure how to use his spell book
    How do i get to memerize more spells at once
    and i know i learn spells for scrolls but
    is there anthor way to learn spells
    plz answer this i need help very baldY
    any1 know i list of the mage spells yoo

thank you for all your help if you answer me

[This message has been edited by Alien-_-Hunter (edited April 27, 2001).]

2. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

There are two rings you need to know.

1. How to write a spell into your spell book.
    The only way is use a scroll. No other way. If you right click on a spell scroll in your inventory, you'll get a screen describing the spell. There will 'Write' button on the bottom. Click on that to write the spell into you character's spell book. Note that sometimes your character may not succeed in writing the spell. This depends on intelligence. High intelligece (> 18) the process will never fail. Also, if the 'Write buttom' is not available, it means the character cannot learn the spell.

2. How to memorize a spell.
    Open the spell book. You will empty slots on the left side. These shows how many spells you can memorize at any one time. The number will increase as you level up or use magic items like rings. The spells you have learned will be displayed on the right side. Just click on any spell to memorize it. The empty box on the left side will be filled with the spell you've memorized.

Hope that helps.

3. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

One more thing. After selecting which spells to memorize you must rest for 8hrs.

4. Alien-_-Hunter Gems: 1/31

What ring will increase the max number of spells that i can rememeber.

And thanks for the tip about the scrolls.

5. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

There are 2 rings of wizardry somewhere in the game. I can't remember where but I know that the patch will remove one of them. The other item is the Metaspell amulet. I can't think of any others.

6. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

The ring of wizardary is on a mage in one of the houses in the south west corner of baldur's gate. The area with the flaming fist HQ. Just kill the mage and loot him.

7. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Equip them both. The first ring doubles your five magic missiles, the second ring doubles the double :p Hmm, 100d4+100 damage for them all :)

8. Alien-_-Hunter Gems: 1/31

man with out you guys i would have got nowwhere thankx agian

i d/l the patch so only 1 ring of wizard and that almut you said

9. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] You can put more spells in your book by drinking a Potion of Genius.....

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

*** SPOILER! ***
    When you don't have the patch there's a ring hidden in a tree in the south of the Friendly Arm in map, coordinates x=2555, y=3760

The other one is indeed on Sunin, a mage in Baldur's Gate, in a house in one of the map in the south of the city.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.