1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I have a cheat....

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Dameon Shadowrain, Apr 22, 2001.

1. Dameon Shadowrain Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

First, make your sorroundings pretty laggy. Cast a bunch of spells, goto a place with alot of people, or something like that. Next, save your game. Then,take a character and remove all potions in its pack except one. Now, while it is still laggy, drink the potion and pick it up, QUICK! The number that displays how many are in a stack will disappear. Now, make it laggy again and do it again. This time, the number will appear at about 665789. Make your characters line up with large spaces between them toward the direction of the nearest shop and sell the potions (dont line them up if you are in a shop; just sell em' and you vvvveeeerrrrrrryyyyy ******* rich!). The weight is extreme so do this and become richer than kings. Now buy everything good a shop has to sell like shadow armour!!!

2. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Nice one for cheaters I guess... But if you want more money why don't you just use the in-game cheats to get it?I don't advise it though. It's much more rewarding when you gain it YOURSELF. Oh God, I sound like a paladin! Aaaaaah!!! :D (not that I have anything against paladins btw)

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I found that there is nowt in the game which you actually need to cheat for. Given infintie time and typewriters, ten monkeys would eventually type out the entire works of shakespeare. Likewise, given enough time, you can kill enough gibberlings or xvarts to get enough money.

But if you do want to cheat, just get a couple of potions of master thievery, and sell/steal many rogue stones etc.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Cheats Suck :mad: but stargazer's got a point ;) If you're gonna cheat anyways, why bother going through this crap? Just do the cluaconsole thing. I believe it's midas?

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Or how about the old gem in the guick slot routine. I fotget how it's done, but it would have yielded enough gold to buy everything in the game plus some. Hey, does anyone think this tip sounds like something Sylvus would have dreamed up?

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I wouldn't know. I've only read his IWD walk-thru. Got stuck on some points ;)

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nah, both of them are tried and true cheats, I still remember them. ;)

I'm positive I wrote all about them either in the BG Encyclopaedia or my tips & tricks page. Both can be found here at SP, just look around a bit.

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well I knew this but then with 3 potions in the 3 quick item slots. Then change the left one with a gem... go to the normal screen and drink the potion a few times... same thing... 6000000 pearls or something

But I don't care, it sux! In the middle of the game you already have too much money.... and in the bgeinning it ain't fun playing with very good equipment....

fair play rules

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.