1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I got Prince of Persia for HOW MUCH?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Clixby, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

To set the scene, my mum and younger brother were going on a holiday (Portugal, I think; we don't really have family holidays anymore), and she'd got me a game.
    Now, it's rare enough that she'd get me anything at all, not taking into account special occasions, so I was pretty surprised.
    But she got me Prince of Persia, from a shop, first-hand.
    for ninety-nine pence.
    And that's why she got it for me. Well, the guy at the counter recommended it when she took it up to ask if it was so cheap because it sucked.
    But nope. Awesome game. 99p.
    Sweet.

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I enjoyed it at first. But after awhile the randomly-shifting camera angles drove me crazy. (If you're not sure what I mean by that, trust me - you'll find out.)

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

prince of persia 1st generation? or price of persia the sand and time one? or that lame prince of persia 3d? or price of persia two thrones something? You know there is some numbers of prince of persia out there.

But anyway,

PoP 1st generation, well it was classic, but with all the advancement now, playing it now might be quite painful. 99p? i will pass.

PoP 3D. tons of expectation, tons of disappointment. Don't tell us if that was what you've got. You don't want us to laugh at you. 99p? hell no.

PoP sand of time (time of sand, or sandy time, whatever, you get me). That one is good. a bit short. Worth playing twice. Still good. 99p? hell yeah.

PoP two thrones (twins? whatever) ahhhh, that one haven't played. It looks like a sand of time expansion to me.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's Sands of Time, Warrior Within and then Two Thrones. I loved Sands of Time but around halfway through Warrior Within I just lost interest. The premise was awesome but I got bored I guess.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You forgot PoP2 in your list. Probably the most frustrating, infuriating, vicious (and best) platform game I've ever played. It was much longer than the first, and much, MUCH harder. I never finished it in fact. Too bad my floppies got corrupt, I would play it again now if I could get my hands on it, and maybe finish it this time. Or at least try :)

6. ObviousDelirium Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, doesn't surprise me you lost interest in WW, it was pretty bad, the atmosphere was horrible, the battle-hardened prince was pretty bad and generic, he wasn't interesting at all... of course, the most important is the gameplay here, and unfortunatly, you can get tired of fighting after a while seeing that's what it concentrates on mostly, making the majority of the puzzles and traps pretty half-assed after some time in the game.

Didn't play Two Thrones yet, but I'm not sure if I want to shell out money to buy it after Warrior Within despite the fact it seems to have a much better atmosphere and gameplay.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Ziad

Warrior Within is PoP2. Are you referring to a different one?

@fireknight

I'd actually prefer more fighting, I hate those damn puzzles :mad: I'm a bit of a brutish gamer :D I didn't get Two Thrones, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much since I didn't finish the story in WW. Gamespot said that it was more puzzles than combat so it's definitely not for me.

8. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Actually, Ziad is referring to Prince of Persia 2, as in the sequel to the original. I played the first game, but I always had difficulty getting past the skeletons on the third level.

9. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It's Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame. Excellent game :thumb:

I've only played the first two, and have no idea how good (or bad) the others are.

10. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It was Sands of Time.
    I think the main attraction in that game for me was watching the Prince die over and over again by the use of Rewind.

AAaaaargh! *splat*
    REWINDED!
    AAaaaargh! *splat*
    REWINDED!
    AAaaaargh! *splat*

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

^ :grin:

I actually hated it, PoP1, simply because that goddamn princess was too stupid to run away from the monsters, so I had to save her sorry arse in almost every screen. And if she died; game over. Couldn't bugger to get to the end with a game like that.

ATM, about to start PoP3. Hope it's better in this aspect.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I thought PoP: SoT was rather clever. The fairy tale style it was done in and stuff. Every time you died "no, no, no, that's now how it happened.." and other little stuff like that.

@Wirhe

ah yes, I share your frustration on that point but still, I found it a lot of fun, short though. Did you skip WW and jump staraight to the Two Thrones?

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yes. AFAIK, T2T is supposed to be the best game of the serie and a conclusion to it. It looks pretty promising too, being darker in theme and -hopefully- has no annoying princesses to be saved.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.