1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

hungry for RPG's

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Black Raven, Oct 13, 2003.

1. The Black Raven Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I've done a search on this but didn't find anything. What RPG's should I get after BG II and IWD I & II? I used to have Neverwinter Nights without the expansion, and was really disappointed with single player. Has it gotten any better since Shadows of Undertide? I don't like Arcanum much either. I'm thinking about Greyhawk, but after reading the SP dwellers' opinions, I'll probably wait until the patch comes out and a major price drop comes around. Morrowind is a possibility too.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Why not try a game which isn't an RPG?

3. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Unless you're h*llbent on making it a fantasy RPG, I would suggest getting in line for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. That one has RPG of the year written all over it. It should be out in maybe 4-6 weeks.

4. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Fallout 1 and 2. Best RPG's ever with the possible exception of Planescape: Torment which is my favorite Fantasy RPG of all time.

5. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Go buy Arcanum! That is an awesome game. Whatever you do though, please DO NOT buy the temple of elemental evil. It is the worst rpg i have ever played.

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Or Planescape: Torment.
    That's a really good game, or so I've been told.

7. The Black Raven Gems: 5/31

oh and it doesn't have to be a pc game- ps2 is fine. Gladius- I know it's not a true RPG but looks really fun. Also what about NWN and the expansion? Are any of them worth it?

8. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

NWN's fun on its own terms. (Don't expect anything like BG2.) The expansion's supposed to be more of the same. If you want NWN, you should hold off on it till the Gold Box edition is released in November; it'll have NWN and Undrentide and some extra modules as well, all for around $30. Wizardry 8 is awesome. Planescape: Torment uses the same gameplay as the games you've mentioned, but the story and characters are far more important than adventuring/fighting, and they're incredible.

For the PS2, I'm assuming you've played FFX already. Suikoden 3 is great, and Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits is good fun. There are some wonderful Playstation RPGs too, like Suikoden 1 and 2, Persona and Persona: Eternal Punishment.

Just how far back in time are you willing to go for a game?

9. The Black Raven Gems: 5/31

no further than P:T

with NWN I'll probably wait till they make a huge collector's edition with the game and both expansions. (Shadows of Undertide and Hordes of the Underdark)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.