1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to kill a demi-lich?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Niles the Ranger, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Niles the Ranger Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

How do I kill a demi-lich. I have tried protect from undead: he imprisons me. I have tried protect from magical eneryg: he imprisons me. I have tried praying to momma before going in and that definately didn't help. I am using +4 and +5 weapons but it takes too long and he casts imprison (multiple times) before I kill him. Thanks!

2. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

This topic has been discussed many, many times. Do a search.

Why did you have to post this topic in two seperate forums?

[This message has been edited by Avarahtar (edited July 08, 2001).]

3. Niles the Ranger Gems: 2/31

Everyone knows so much about Baldur's Gate, and I appreciate that. But why can't some one just answer the damn question instead of refering someone to the "rules" or telling them to do a search. Maybe they did a search and it didn't cut the mustard. Some people here have a BG superiority complex. Thanks for nothing. Oh, and I posted in two forums because the genius that created two forums for the same game made it that way. There are demi-lichs in both software packages thus I wanted the opinion of BG2 experts without hearing "post this in the ToB" forum.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    People will tell you do use the search engine when there are so many topics discussing it that you couldn't fail to find at least one; Kangaxx is one of these.

You do not need to post the same question in two forums; the BG2 experts read this one, and those that are interested in the expansion read the other one too.

Now to your question: You obviously need protection from Imprisonment. How do you do that? There are a few ways:

1) Buy a scroll of Protection from Magic from Ribald; he's got two.
    2) Have your mage cast Spell Immunity and choose Abjuration and move him/her closest to the demilich so that he tries to Imprison them only.
    3) Berzerker Rage.

5. Niles the Ranger Gems: 2/31

Thank you. I appreciate the assistance *no sarcasm in the voice, just complete sincerity*.

6. Thorr Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Don't forget about ring of Ram (Tolgerias, in Council of Six Buildings or/and after you kill him in the Planar Sphere). He did a lot of damage on Demi-lich. Summons some bates to distract him from you.
    Good luck.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.