1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did the Everyone Here find out about SP?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Icingdeath45, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I think I was searching for information on Baldur's Gate and the search engine brought me here.

3. Eaglearrow Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well, as probably most of the rest I was looking for information on a CRPG, in my case technical problems with BG2, and luckily found SP. I followed the discussions on SP for almost 2 years, though in an infrequent way never really taking part in the discussion. Sometimes I have so much fun just following the discussion, made possible through the great way the boards are moderated and the people contributing.

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I am pretty sure that I linked here from a search engine, after being quite dissatisfied with some of the other BG sites out there.

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Found it first time through a search for BG sites. However I didn't have the internet at the time. When I did get the 'net I rediscovered SP via a search for Ps:t.

6. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Search engine on something I can't recall.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I was originally looking for a solution to a technical problem with my IceWind Dale II installation and found this place (and about half a dozen others via Google). I bookmarked the site then came back to find out how to change the portraits in IWD II.

Then I kept coming back to read the IWD II boards and discovered the rest from there. Of all the gaming sites I found originally, this is the only one I come back to.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Joy, third (fourth?) time I can explain my "Adventure to Find the Holy SP." :D

Na, can't bother this time; surfed the net for BG2 sites that could host my fan-fic. This is what was slammed on my face, so here I am -for now. ;)

(And my second, regular board has been closed down :wail: )

9. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Search engine, I actually found this site years ago but didn't find the forum until last year.

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Was looking for info on the Dragonlance series at first, then found the forum with connections to all the games I play.

Really cool, and the first message board I joined.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My friend sent me an e-mail of some sites to look on for information on BG, I couldn't find much on them - he sent me a few more links and right at the bottom was sorcerers.net I looked through the pages and found it had what I needed. I looked on the forums a couple of times and read through all the topics on a page - after three days I joined and I still haven't been removed.

12. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Looking for IWD walkthroughs...the search engine wisely guided me here.

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  14. Seayer

Seayer In giving to another, you benefit yourself Distinguished Member Veteran

I stumbled on to SP while looking for information on BG, BG2, and PS:T. I found the saying: "The Stuff of Legends, Right Boo" humorous yet intriguing, as I figured someone had to have done some research on BG, so here I am.

15. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Hmmph. I searched for Planescape: Torment files, because I had just purchased it, and I wanted to see if I could mess with the game a bit... I looked through, got some files, and didn't revisit it for another year or more... Then I registered to ask a PS:T question.

Addendum: A few months ago, almost a year, I had just beaten a game, and I was bored. I was trying to find something to do to distract me from being bored, I found the IRC channel, and I got hooked on it.

A grand tale if ever there was one.

16. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Looking for help with IWD2. Found this place.

17. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I was transported to the land of Sorcerers by clicking my little red shoes.

(...humph, search engine like almost everyone else...)

18. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Hmm... i don't want to be normal. So, i am not. I found this site thru Dan Simpson's BG2 FAQ/Walktrough.

19. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Google, probably like the majority of everyone else via a search engine. Was looking for BG stuff if I remember correctly.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I wasn't going to post in this thread (because I've posted in many a similar thread), but for the sake of post count...

Googling.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.