1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How about a screenshot contest?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by toughluck, Jan 4, 2005.

1. toughluck Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yeah, I'd love one as well...
    I'm asking because UBB Code Images are not permitted... I wanted to create one, but it would require someone to allow images, if only in one thread and even if allowed for one poster only (ie. me :D ).

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Send in your interesting screenshots to be posted on the front page in the Screenshot of the Week (SotW). Look here for info on how: http://www.sorcerers.net/Main/screenshots.php

As you noticed, images are not allowed, nor will they likely ever be allowed on the boards. :p

3. toughluck Gems: 8/31

No, what I meant was a quiz, akin to the game quote quiz, not SotW. What I had in mind was this:
    On one day, a screenshot is posted here on the boards, with most of it covered by fuzz (of a sort yet to be decided upon). Board members may then take their turns in answering from what game does the screenshot come. For fun, for showing off one's nerdiness, if not anything else. Once it is guessed from which game does the screenshot come from, either the winner, or I (if only one person had rights to post images, I would post a screenshot submitted by someone else), will post the next one. If there is no correct answer after 6 days, the entire screenshot (unfuzzed) is posted, and if there is no correct answer afterwards, a new screenshot gets posted.
    These rules are as simple as they get. I think it's a good idea, and the game can be fun, etc. blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda. I guess there's no point in me trying to promote it, it's purely up to you.
    As for images - I'm not asking for upload capability, but simply for possibility to point to the image on another server.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, in that case, just post a link to the image...

5. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

This sounds like a cool idea, but probably a bit too much for SP (no offense guys), maybe you can host an area to set this up toughluck? But you have a lot to compete with when you have the game quote of...ughh...games...

6. toughluck Gems: 8/31

Blackthorne - that I probably will, I guess, but it would be better if it was possible to post an image - it would immediately strike and a reader wouldn't need to visit the link to see the image.

Slayer - it's a nice idea, and it's either what BT proposed - posting a link to the image, or what you did - hosting a page with the screenshots somewhere else, and making a guessing thread here...

7. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Just get it on!

Sorry for the rush, but this one is rather easy... whoever knows the answer may post the next picture.

8. toughluck Gems: 8/31

Half-Life 2?

Anyway, this is not really what I wanted to do with the contest, so I guess I'll post my own in a day or two.

9. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

How can i take a screenie? :confused:

10. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

Try the PrtSc (print screen) key? Paste into Paint or some other app then save... you got somwehere to upload it to?

11. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

@toughluck: Yes that's Half-Life 2.

@Goli: Some games save a .jpeg in the game folder when you press PrtSc, others let you choose the key. And then there's a program called "Hypersnap DX" which can capture screenshots out of games, too.

12. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I think toughluck wanted to make it more of a puzzle.
    A normal screenshot, first almost completely blurred, showing only a small frame of clear picture. If people guess correctly what game it's from then fine.. next pic.
    If not, the same picture would be uploaded, only with less blurred space.

13. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

One day guys... one day... :banana:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.