1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Horn of Blasting?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lokken, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] I was just wondering, is there any good use of this IMO useless item?

The only reason I can find for getting it, is because you will get a little more XP.

So C'mon everyone, think hard, can it be used for anything?

and please don't spam "it sucks" if it has been said once, (oops, did I say that allready, bugger eh?)because I'm quite aware of that

[EDIT]
    :mad: Don't post it's useless!!!! I'm bloody well aware of that!!! :mad:

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 03, 2001).]

2. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Here you go, Lokken.

Horn of Blasting: When you want to replace a party member, but can't decide who to drop. Use the horn and replace any NPCs who die. :p

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Good question. I'm doing ToB now and I still have it in my inventory... And I don't think I used it again since the first try in BG2! I think this is all the answer you need.

/me goes dump another item to make more room in his backpack. :D

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Sneak up on people and then BLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAMMMMMM My F/M/T loves it. Sorry If I frightened you :)

5. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Use it as someone will cast death spell, then you can safely animate dead.

Edited here: Sorry, it should be Horn of Valhalla. As for Horn of Blasting I can't remember it at all.

[This message has been edited by Laksol (edited September 03, 2001).]

6. Silverblade Guest

Horn of Blasting is useless, the only way you can use it if you take damage yourself. (and if there is another way, then I can't find it). The other horns in the game are better and more usefull.

7. Rangstrom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well it hits everyone in the area and hits fast so maybe if you are desperate to get in a spell interrupt it could be useful. Never tried it myself.

8. balta Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] ý agree! ý never use horn of blasting ýt's useless.ýt can be more effective!

9. Auger Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I love it at the end of a night, right after I save my game, when I want to go peasant hunting in the Promenade or Copper Coronet. It's fund to position char's around a square, have Aerie, PC, Iomen, etc. all light off Sunfire right as Minsc gives a toot.

As for an acutal game use, you got me. Maybe dragon fighting?!?!

EDITED FOR TYPO

[This message has been edited by Auger (edited September 04, 2001).]

10. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

If you have less to loose than your enemies.
    A fighter with 100+ hitpoints versus a horde of low-level but backstabbing thieves example.

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I imagine this is one of those items good for the solo player who can spare a bit of damage. It's good that this item is included for it is just another element in the game when it comes to new strategies.

12. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I guess I was wrong in my statement of it being useless, I really like the feedback here :)

Keep it up!

good to know there are some inventive minds out there

... now I have to find another "useless" item :p I can bug you about

13. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Put some really fabulous neon pink paint around the mouthpiece and give to Haer Dalis to test out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.