1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HoMM3 Question

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Cúchulainn, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I was playing a random map (I have the expansion) and I got a message, something along the lines of 'Red has sent you 10 crystal and would apreciate a gift of gold'. I could not find an option of sending a gift and it was not automatically deducted either. What makes things more confusing is that I have never had this happan before.

So how do you send gifts to other players?

2. lasgalen Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have no idea, but there seem to be no repercussions if you don't do anything. The gift may be deducted at the next turn - i've never bothered to figure it out. It doesn't stop them sending future gifts, or make your allies close their towns to your troops.

3. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I think you can access this from your Kingdom overview screen, its not too hard to find.
    I assume you were playing online - In my years of playing this game the cpu players have never done this.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

They do that yes and IIRC you can do that via a marketplace you build, if not than the kingdom overview would be the second place to look. Actually it can be quite profitable if you have your allies seventh level dwelling resource in abundance. Give some to him and he'll be able to build his strongest unit making you both stronger.

5. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You can acces this via the marketplace screen. There is a button in the lower left corner (iirc) and yes, resource sharing im multiplayer can be vital especialy when playing on 200% difficulty

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Thanks very much everyone!

Actually Tap Dancing Oyster, I was playing a random map against the computer.

Now another question, can you 'go hostile' against a team member? Its annoying when they reach your part of the map and 'visit' your scholars and take your treasure, especially if it contains a cool artefact!

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I don't think it's possible really, because you cannot enter their town. IIRC you can look in their town but not conquer it.

It sounds like a bad idea anyway, just make sure you get all the treasures in your territory as fast as possible. Make sure you get to your needed mines fast. In fact you can get their treasures if this kind of behaviour pisses you off (you have to be fast though, but you can use level 1 heroes since you won't be attacked). Your allies getting to your scholars can only be positive since they are on your side.

8. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I imagine you were playing with cpu allies?

That would explain it then - I always play against the cpu with no allies. You cannot attack your allies.

Yes I was wrong - now that I think about it, it is the marketplace screen. Its been a few months since I've played this - getting into CSS now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.