1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Holy Avengers

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Alak Xarann, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Is there a MOD that imports the Holy A. from IWD2 to BG2? Or creates Holy A.s?

If so.... WHERE!??!?!?!

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Not likely. Try the Sorcerers Place downloads for IWD2, if it is not in there then it probably doesn’t exist.

3. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

You mean the sword, there's a Holy Avenger sword in BG2 you just hve to know where to find it.

4. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31

I already have the Carysmor, or how ever you spell it, I just wanted to have two, without cheating: Keldorn, and me. Plus, IMHO, IWD2's H.A. kick's BG2's behind easily.

5. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Create your own mod which dumps a Holy Avenger outside your cell in Irenicus' Dungeon.

Problem solved.

6. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31

I hope thats meant as a joke.

If I did that, I would make CHARNAME fight a very hard battle, verging on impossablity. I wouldn't make it so someone right out jonny's little hole could grab it and blow up goblins.

No. And if I did that mod, I would make a helluva lot hard battles, give normal bandits, etc, +2 weapons, 100+ hp. That way, such a powerful item wouldn't be 'cheasy'.

7. david w Gems: 19/31

It *was* meant as a joke.

But creating your own mini-mod to give you an item you wouldn't otherwise be able to get is no less cheating than installing a mod just to get an item.

8. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

david, why do you even bother posting these things? Since he's looking for a minimod to get it, he probably doesn't care if you call it cheating or not, in fact noone cares.

[ March 14, 2004, 23:37: Message edited by: spetznaz ]

9. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Isn't there a longsword in the BG series that is considered a holy avenger?

It might be in the expansion, or I could just be wrong about this. I'm really not sure. :)

10. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ah, he covered this before.

He wants an additional one...the Cera Sumat from IWD2.

A skilled coder could probably knock this up in about ten minutes; unfortunately I am not one.

11. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Could a skilled coder also remove the "paladin only" restriction on the sword? I'm playing a evil party and there are not to many fallen Paladin NPC´s out there.

12. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If I'm not mistaken isn't there a mod where a new subclass for Paladins in Holy Avenger. I think it's on the mod list on the TOB board.

13. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

A coder with brain damage could remove the paladin-only restriction in about 20 seconds, provided he has IEEP. Once the file is open, it takes literally 5 clicks of the mouse to add a class to the list and resave.

14. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Could a coder with our without brain damage then do the editing and then send me the file via MSN or something like that?

15. david w Gems: 19/31

Chill, man. If no one (note the spelling) cares why even bother mentioning it?

16. cadderly Gems: 5/31

now now, can't we all just get along, their is not neceserily (very bad sp) a bad post, just some posts we smack ourselves in the head after we read them, or other people do it for us, also we should all take a little constructive criticism now and then, especially from someone as stupid as me, :D

17. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What were we talking about in the first place?
    Oh yeah, Cera Sumat. Could anyone please tell me its ability?

What i know is that it kicks a$$ only in the Heart Of Fury mode. But the normal gaming modes suck, it doesn't even come close to the power of the Holy Avenger Carsomyr (this is the correct sp).

18. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Algarion: You can get a universal Carsomyr from Baldurdash (http://www.baldurdash.org)

Standard Cera Sumat:
    Damage: 1d8 + 5
    Attack Bonus: +5
    Enchantment: +5
    Damage Type: Slashing
    Special:
    Holy: +2d6 against evil creatures.
    Resistance: +15 Spell Resistance
    Spell Power: Can cast the spell Dispel Magic, No Limit per Day
    Weight: 5 lb.
    Feat Requirement: Martial Weapon, Large Sword
    Type: One-handed

Light of Cera Sumat:
    Damage: 1d8 + 10
    Attack Bonus: +10
    Enchantment: +5
    Damage Type: Slashing
    Special:
    Holy: +2d6 against evil creatures.
    Resistance: +30 Spell Resistance
    Spell Power: Can cast the spell Dispel Magic, No Limit per Day
    Weight: 5 lb.
    Feat Requirement: Martial Weapon, Large Sword
    Type: One-handed

If you don't think it's powerful enough check up the IWDII Ease-of-Use that Weimer made.

19. cadderly Gems: 5/31

why would you want a weapon that is so overkill?

20. david w Gems: 19/31

In Heart of Fury mode it's not overkill.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.