1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hero Quest

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Parvini, May 12, 2001.

1. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Any of you guys ever play Hero Quest??

It's the only board game with any similarity to D&D I ever played.

2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I played way back. It was made by games workshop, and all their games relate to a d&d like world. Games like warhammer, talisman and mordheim. There is also Warhammer quest, which is considered the official successor to Hero Quest.

3. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I had bought the game when I was ten and I found it too complicated and boring. But after like four years that I learned about D&D I was more interested. Well, by then I had thrown the game away but at least I realised what it was all about. It must have been a good one.

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Oh yeah, closest to PnP I ever got. HeroQuest and Advanced Heroquest. one game of each, 1 PC, 1 DM, loads of "ah, you don't really die, go on, you do have another spell". It wasn't really that good, although with more PCs (and with us being more mature when we played it)it could concievably have been a lot of fun.

5. Roghnaithe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hey all, it's been awhile. I must reply to this topic about HeroQuest. The game was given to me as a gift when I was young. A few years later a got into reading D&D books and also into paper-based rpg's. One summer a few of my friends and I finally tried the game out and we contimually meet for a few weeks until we had finished the original and the advanced. It was a very fun game for a beginner. I had almost completely forgotten about the game until this post.

6. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Advanced Hero Quest was too much like the P&P games. Me and my mate already got stick for playing the original one, but with its simlple system of attack and defence using skull and shield dice it was fun. I was always the evil wizard player though, making my own quests was cool.

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ahhhhh, fond memories. We played HeroQuest when we didn't want to take the time to set up a good AD&D quest. I wasted all kinds of time in college I should have been studying. :( My friend who was DM made up an insane amount of extra rules to make it tougher and more interesting, which caused a considerable amount of tension at times. Oh well, the good old days, back to the daily grind now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.