1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with Ritual of Purification

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by MindFreaky, Nov 28, 2006.

1. MindFreaky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi Guys, well I'm brand new at these forums, (found them by mistake), it's my first topic (and post for that matter), and already I come before thee great minds with a plea for help! I've been playing NWN 2, and loving it, but I'm now stuck. I've completed most of the ritual mentioned in the topic, and am now at the point where you walk through the song portal to west harbor. I go through whats left of the town, and into the swamp, to the only location marked on the map, I walk through the doorway into a room with a thing called a shadow reaver, and expect a huge fight, only nothing happens! I get the speech bubble icon, when I hover my mouse on the reaver, but if I try talk to it, it ignores me and nothing happens! Is this a bug or am I being stupid!

Cheers and Thanx
    Freaky

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sounds like a bug. I would make sure that you have your PC selected when you enter the building, as cutscenes are rather buggy in this game when you don't have your main character selected.

But otherwise, my recollection is that once you get through the cutscene and dialogue that the fighting ensues. The shadow reaver says something about killing you being his opportunity to ensure that the ritual of purification is never completed. And then he gets to the the killing, or at least, the trying.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I've noticed a lot of the bugs happen when your main character is not selected - I'd go with Marceror's suggestion...Also: save a lot!!

By the way - welcome to the boards! I know I found Sorcerer's Place the same way with a question about Icewind Dale.

Have fun, and take a look around!

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, my most memorable bug was earlier with the Githyanki assassin mission and that Blade Golem. If your main character is not selected when you've done a certain amount of damage to the golem, you get a black screen for a bit, and when it comes back you're still fighting the golem, only it's now invincible.

It's a good thing that was on my second attempt since I already knew a cutscene was supposed to happen, and had heard about the cutscene bugs.

5. MindFreaky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Bah, it still doesn't work... thanks for the effort anyway guys, a mate of mine has suggested that I should reload an earlier save, and try doing the ritual in a different order... thanks anyway guys.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.