1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Heart of Fury: Luremaster

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Slackertoast, Jul 19, 2001.

1. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] This is tough.Must be very cautious.The amount of hit points some of these creatures have is phenominal and the damage they do, OUCH.Anyone know exactly how many more HP these 'HOF' creatures have?I noticed that the kobolds and orcs and such had over 100 each.I wonder if I shall reach a point where I can't kill fast enough.The harpies guarding the gem in the jackal area is becoming fustrating with a capital F.This might be the stopper spot.All my chars are maxed out lvl wise 2 fits,1 thf,1 cl,2 mu.they all have between -15 and -20 AC and Hps at 140+.Assistance would be helpful.5 times unsuccessful is a little much.

2. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

If you are playing the game in "Heart of Fury" mode, then the monsters have an additional 80 hit points over the normal amount. If you are having trouble playing in this mode, turn it off.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited July 19, 2001).]

3. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I don't want to give up.There has to be a way.There is always a way.I've made it through almost the whole game in "HoF".I don't want to say I beat the game in 'HoF' except for that one spot.All I have left to do in the game is to kill Icasaracht(HoW), whatevers left after I get the Harpy's gem(Luremaster), and go back to Iced Easthaven for final victory.Everything has been done in 'HoF'.

4. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Exactly what is hapening with the harpies that is causing you to fail. if they are just beating you to crap, then try using sanctuary on a cleric who has all spells relating to party wellness memorized. Then have him just take care of healing those who need it during battle. If it is some other problem then please give more details.

5. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I guess I just kept getting unlucky and I'm part idiot. I thought having the boots of speed on made my dudes attack faster so I stopped using haste.And I hadn't even tried Tensers yet. Casting haste and not having my spell casters fall to harpies screech did the trick.Earlier I kept getting slapped with 1-3 guys getting paralyzed by the harpies.Hobart seems to be the prob now.Must stop playing these games when I'm falling asleep...Thanks

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.