1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Healing choices

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Zaragoth, Dec 22, 2001.

1. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Ok, here's the deal...
    I've started a game with an Archer. This is how I planned the warband to lokk like:

Valdrion -Chaotic good Archer
    Minsc -Chaotic good Ranger
    Korgan -Chaotic evil Berserker
    Edwin -Lawful evil Conjurer
    Jan Jansen -Chaotic neutralIllusionist/Thief
    Keldorn - Lawful good Inquisitor
    And --?--

Who should the last one be? It must be someone that can heal. I'm thinking Viconia as my first choise, but she does not go well along with Keldorn if ye know what I mean. And I do not like Jaheira. That leaves me three options...:
    Cernd
    Aerie
    Anomen

Cernd is good in the way that he's able to shapeshift and all that, Aerie... well she can use both attack and healing magics (But Edwin is enough attackpower) and Anomen can use clerical spells like restorations if ye get level drained and such plus that he can use armours and is pretty good with weapons. A flaw with Anomen is that he only has 12(!) in wisdom. Does this mean that he sux as a cleric?
    Wich one should I pick????

(Or should I change Keldorn for Valygar instead and take Viccy with me?)

HELP!

2. Well the best cleric in the game must be veronica, but anomen gets alot better after the Radiant Heart quest (wisdom bonus). But keldorn will leave you if you allow him so you can take valygar and veronica..

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Aerie is annoying but with an elven chain great, especially for mages are great too... another option is to get another character that you make by yourself.. then go for a druid!

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think Anomen is the right choice, as you said so have Edwin enough spell power to blow half of Athakatla so you dont need Aerie. And I never noticed that Anomen got fewer spells due to lack of wisdom so go with him he is a decent tank too.

5. Thomas Covenant Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think you'll have 7 char there if you pick one more. Meaning you'll have to dump someone for your cleric.

You - Archer
    Korgan - for laughs, and tanking ability
    Jan - thief
    Edwin - Magics
    -------
    1. Jaheira & Aerie - between them two you'll get all healing spells in quite decent numbers, Aerie able to help Edwin, and with Iron Skins you can use Jaheira as 2nd tank.

2. Since you have Jan as back-up mage, get Jaheira & Anomen, both can be used as tanks.

I've noticed you said you don't like Jaheira, but try to romance her, and maybe she'll grow onto you.

6. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Um, Veronica?

(This post may be edited later for more useful purposes)

7. Lord Sarevok Guest

I try to avoid Jaheria since I only use her as a healer and she's not much of a fighter without some strength increasing item. Hmm, you really don't NEED a healer, there are more than enough potions, and since you have 2 ranger/paladins(not counting Keldorn; he's an inquisitor) in your group they can cast some limited healing spells as well. As for restoration....you really don't need it. I carry around 20 scrolls of lesser restoration and I haven't had any problem with level drain at all. Valygar is quite good since he's my haste/bless man.

Oh and as for Edwin, that damn amulet of his gives him WAY too many spells. He has like 9 for level 1, and a similar amount for most other levels.

Heh, whenever I play a mage, for some reason I have some kind of rivalry with any other mage in my party so I try to have myself as the only mage in the group.

And GET RID OF MINSC! I hate him, he's such a damn fool and has nothing intresting to say at all. Keldorn is great with the Gauntlets of Dexterity. Oh by the way, I believe Minsc is Neutral Good, not Chaotic Good. I don't like Jan that much but he is pretty good. I usually take Imoen instead, she's not nuts(well she is at one point in the game) and fits into the storyline quite well.

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited December 22, 2001).]

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] If you do Anomen's quest right, his Wisdom will go up to 16!

9. Zaragoth Guest

Oh, shit.. I screwed up!
    I forgot that it's not a good idea to have evil members in yer party if ye are a Pally or Ranger...!
    So.. How's this new list? Any changes to be made?

Valdrion - Archer
    Minsc - Ranger
    Keldorn - Inquisitor
    Anomen - Fighter/Cleric
    Jan Jansen - Illusionist/Thief
    And Valygar/Aerie/Imoen

WHO!?
    Should I perhaps replace someone? Help please..!

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah...you're just a few minutes earlier then me to react on your alignment, wanted to say that you have to watch your reputation before some of your partymembers would quit, but now im too late...

My party:
    Half-Orc Kensai, 5* in warhammers using Crom Faeyr, my whacking tank
    Keldorn: he's a nice fighter when you have Carsomyr.
    Minsk: not too bad for a fighter and I like his stupid answers.
    These are my fighters.
    Jan Jansen: for the thieving abilities and some backup-casting
    Nalia: my prior mage
    Aerie: my cleric and mage assistent.
    and thats all i need: a thief, a cleric, some fighters, some mages...

But:
    Dont let Aerie die... Minsk will go crazy and runs himself into battle at times he better doesnt or he whacks your partymembers.

If you get Valdrion out of too much melee battles, this will be a nice party for you too, me thinks...

11. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Dump Valygar/Aerie, take Cernd given you so hate Jaheira;):eek:, you only miss a druid there.

Later reach asylum, replace Jan with Imoen if you please.

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Just make your Archer Neutral and play with a Neutral/Evil party.

13. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Headbanger is right, Korgan and Edwin rule! And choose Viconia instead of Keldorn, she's so sweet... :)

[This message has been edited by Alyr Arkhon (edited December 24, 2001).]

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Archer is a Ranger kit, and so must be of a Good alignment.

15. VICCY IS NOT SWEET!!!Shes a bitch who spends most of her life in her back!(by the way, thats only right thing what Aerie has said)
    And here are 3 reasons why Anomen is better then Viconia.
    1.Viccy is evil.
    2.Viccys STR is 9 or 10,(i dont remember that well),Anomens STR is 18/53
    3.Anomen is NOT bitchy.Viccy is.

16. Zaragoth Guest

Ezellohar Shark... If ye give Viccy a girdle of Hill giant strength, she's pretty powerful. (18/00)
    Just making a point.

17. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hey,an Aerie fanatic! What a sweet thing... :)

18. Lord Sarevok Guest

Giant Hill changes it to 19. Gauntlets of Orge Power change it to 18/00 melord. If you're evil, get her, and give her one of these so she can use some better armor.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.