1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Has the game been released in northern Europe yet?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Pyro, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I would really like to know if the game has been released in northern europe yet (or europe at all...) because it seems like alot of people have it, are all those people americans?

Another thing, i hear talk about the game lagging on people with modern computers, i have 1ghz pIII 256 ram geforce 2, will that lag alot you think?

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Generally, most shops in the UK and abroad, I've heard, have NWN already in stock, but they aren't allowed to start selling until Friday (although some retailers are already selling).

And the game should run fine with that system.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited June 26, 2002).]

3. Pyro Gems: 5/31

Are you 100% certain its friday? If you are, then im preparing my outside-shop tent asap!

4. Silverblade Guest

I heard that here in Holland (and I guess that it would be the same in whole Northern Europe) it will be selled on 28 June, which would be Friday.

Will you actually be sleeping in front of the shop? You must be really desperate to get this game.

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Lol, I think he was joking Silverblade ;).
    And yes it is 28th of June all over wealthy Europe. People didn't believe me all those months ago..."28th of June" I said.."Z-Layrex, you're a prat" they said....now who's a prat muhahahahahaha!!!
    Ahem, still me it seems. :help:

Anyways, can any Brit tell me the number to EB in the Crawley County Mall (if ya know it) or if you have the monthly loyalty card owner's mag with the numbers on the back. Thanks.

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Z-Layrex, just phone directory inquiries and ask for the number. Not too difficult. Or look in the Yellow Pages.

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Ah, no worries, found it on their website :roll:.

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Indeed, the game will be released officially tomorrow. Gameshops already haev it but have to wait for the distribution wasn't totally done. Tomorrow all gameshops will have it and start selling it.

I already have it for 2 shops started selling it before tomorrow, however they risk a penalty from Infragames.

Silverbalde, this evening the shops are open, check the local Dynabyte or Dixon-store.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited June 27, 2002).]

9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Release postponed until July 3rd because Infogrames have problems with distribution. This is the situation in Sweden. Some shops might break the agreement, risking sanctions if they do, because the game has been in their stores for some time now.

I will stay as far away as I possibly can from products distributed by Infogrames in the future. :flaming:

10. Pyro Gems: 5/31

I phoned some stores and all of them say they will release the game at the 3rd, and then im not home... Life isnt fair.

11. Grouch Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well Amazon.co.uk, Gameplay.com and eb.uk.com all show the game as having been released and all are shipping within 24 hours.

Havnt had a chance to phone some shops to double check yet though.

12. Must.. kill.. Infogrames..
    Oh.. I'm just thinking out loud.. :nono:

Grr.. They can just piss me off :flaming:

Oh well I just have to wait untill the 3rd :coffee:
    And sorry. I had to test all these smilies :)

13. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I have had NWN since the week end, about 4 days, and I live in south England.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.