1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Has any seen these issues?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by AutumnSun1, Sep 30, 2000.

1. AutumnSun1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I started playing BG2 two days ago and I see the strangest things:

1. In the two supported modes, the colors/graphics look poor. I have a Voodoo4 4500. Only in 1028x768 do things look good.

2. Sometimes when I pause the game, select a character and give him/her an action and unpause the game, the screen/focus will move above where the action is.

3. When a minimize the game and then restore it, I get an error message about pixel formatting - clicking OK hangs the game.

Other things I miss from Icewind Dale:
    a. In map mode, seeing your party moving.
    b. Quick rest mode

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I haven't run across anything of the sort, but this is what I have had happen to me while playing the game.

1) Opening a chest or anything that pops up the contents inside, simply make the noise and I see nothing on my screen.

2) Saving a game, I get a Windows 98 blue screen error and sometimes I can press any key to continue, other times it reboots and deletes my saved game.

3) Black boxes around a character when he moves, although this is very, very rare.

4) System crashes when I quit the game completly, making me reboot. I now minimize my screen, then close it via the X instead.

5) One time Nalia who was casting a fireball, continued to do so and never let off the spell.

My system specs are a P3-450 128megs of ram, voodoo 2 with an ATI Rage Fury 32MB on board and a SBLive.

Syl...

3. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Wow, do I ever feel lucky! I just got the game recently but I haven't seen one glitch yet. Actually, until I started reading these posts, I had convinced myself that this game simply didn't have very many glitches.... guess I was wrong.

Asking for CD 5 is extremely odd, I've never heard of any game doing that before... best of luck, I hope someone can help. I'm sorry that I can't.

4. AutumnSun1 Gems: 1/31

I recently noticed that sometimes I will hear characters speak their dialog, at times they will stop during a sentence and at other times after continuing a dialog, they won't speak any more. This is weird to say the least...is this by design or have I set an option incorrectly?

5. Boon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] A glith I keep running into is when I right click on a certain item such as almost all maces an error message comes up and I have ro reboot.

6. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I too, have experienced the freezing and destruction of the realms (PC Lock-up) when trying to ID a mace.

I tried clearing the game cache, even reinstalling. No matter how long I wait after recieving the Mace +1 from a party that attacks me... crash and brun when I right click for ID. I also, have the same problem with some arrows of piercing.

I have found if you take these troubled Items to a shop and have the keep ID them for a fee everthing is fine.

7. AutumnSun1 Gems: 1/31

And one more issue, after minimizing the game and restoring it, I get the error message: "SetPixelFormat Failed" after I click OK, the game crashes.

Has anyone heard of a patch coming out and if so when? I find it funny that Interplay/BG2 officially supports two modes and my game colors look like only 512 are being used while in 1028x768 mode things look better. But in this mode, the characters are small and you can't appreciate the details. :(

NeverWinterNights looks good so I hope they get this one right? Anyone else have the Voodoo4 4500 AGP? Any issues with it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.