1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by dmc, Nov 22, 2007.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    [​IMG] To all US members, it's just about 12:00 a.m. on the east coast. Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the festivities, football and FOOD!

I need a smilie with a distended belly at this point . . . :yum:

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What is Thanksgiving? I don't get it, I used to think it was just the Americans name for Christmas :lol:.

What's it for?

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Wikipedia on Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans on Board.

4. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Well, everyone who wants to celebrate it, at least ;)

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I get 2 turkey days - American and Canadian. :yum:

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You know, Thanksgiving. It's when we Americans get together to celebrate the raping and pillaging of native Americans, and taking their land as our own. Thanksgiving.

Christmas is something separate entirely. That's when we get together to celebrate the wondrous green fire hazards we all put into our living rooms.

Just to help Barmy keep our holidays straight.

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So, shop a holics go for it. The season is officially open.

1: Try not to trample each other
    2: No fighting
    3: No pushing or shoving
    4: Survivers must report back on this medium.

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I am somewhat annoyed by the U.S. Thanksgiving actually. This is the second year in a row that a bunch of my colleagues have been down in the U.S. on audits and thus pretty much received two extra days off while I have been stuck working at the office.

For the life of me I don't know why they can't avoid scheduling U.S. audits over Thanksgiving. We are probably only in the U.S. for six to seven weeks of the year so there are plenty of weeks without major holidays that they could be choosing.

Oh well, I am out of here and starting my new job on December 10th so I guess the fact that my bosses exhibit virtually no common sense in booking audits is not my problem any more. Plus I did get a three day week-end in London earlier this year when they booked an audit overlapping an English bank holiday so I guess I have benefited from their stupidity too.

Anyway, I hope all of the Americans on the Boards have a happy Thanksgiving. Oh and if you are in New York City and see a bunch of Canadian auditors wandering around the sales please feel free to trample them for me. ;)

9. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Happy thanksgiving to all the Americans.

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Happy Thanksgiving!

I'll sadly need to wait for Christmas before I can have turkey. Oh well.

11. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    In spite of my sarcastic comments above, I had plenty of Turkey and all the fixins yesterday. It's the first year I've eaten deep fried turkey, and I'm telling you, it's all it's cracked up to be and a whole lot more. Most delicious, flavorful and moist turkey I think I've ever eaten.

I strongly recommend that any and all non vegetarian types give this a try at some point!! It is way great.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.