1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Happy Easter

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ofelix, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yes I know Easter is only this sunday, but today is still Good Friday. What do you intend to do this easter? Give chocolate to younger family member? Pious religious day? Family gathering? Myself I'll simply visit my family, it'll be fun.

Happy Easter folks!

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'll be gaming online. Monday I will be going to Wally World for my 50% off sale hollow chocolate bunny.

3. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Religious, also last night for Holy Thursday. Tenebrae service Friday night, sunrise and regular services Sunday.

On the other hand I'll be helping with a cooperative Easter egg hunt on Saturday. That's strictly fun for the neighborhood kids, and I consider it a work of supererogation (look it up yourself) to subject myself to such total chaos!

4. Ofelix

Media:
    And surprinsingly Easter is the same date for Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox this year.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I'll be visiting family from Saturday afternoon to Monday afternoon.

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Oh, so it's time for the Catholic Church to adjust their calendar again? ;)

Anyways, I'm slacking on the days when the store is closed (fri & sun) and working on saturday; monday will probably be a prime opportunity to harvest 50% chocolate :yum: .

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Does the Bible mention the word 'chocolate' at all?

8. Ragusa

Media:
    No, the Bible doesn't. Still, I decided to not eat chocolate from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday as a fasting surrogate. It was surprisingly difficult at times. No more Snickers in the lunchbreak and the like :eek:

It'll be over soon :roll: :yum: :spin:

9. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Ah, and we are adding "snow" to our Tennessee Easter observances this year. Left Good Friday evening services to find snow falling - there was about an inch on the ground this morning, temperature 22 F. I was used to snow for Easter when I lived in Vermont (we had a family that always snowshoed to the sunrise service) but it's a little odd here.

Ah, well, the eggs will be easier to find against the white background, right? :rolleyes:

10. Ofelix

Media:
    It's now officially Easter! Woo! Happy Easter everybody!

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Easter, everybody!
    Eat Chocolate! Mämmiä for the Finnish members!

PS. The South Park episode was good. :shake:

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Yayness! :banana: I can eat SpongeBob Squarepants!!! :yum:

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Happy Easter to all of you!

/me gets a chocolate-adorned coffee ;)

:coffee:

14. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Thanks to the Aztecs and Mayans for passing this wonderful drug on to Western society. (chocolate consumption triggers dopamine and serotonin release :hippy: )

Now if the high fat content and alkali processing of milk chocolate didn't negate the marginal health benefits of cocoa itself, I'd endorse a universal dietary supplement to mildly help against cardiac problems and also 'calm' people. :bad:

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I heard somewhere that the saturated fat in dark chocolate was actually a special sort of saturated fat that was broken down more easily than animal based saturated fats. Although when I write it down like that, it does sound a bit like the desperate hopes of a chocolate junkie.

16. Ofelix

Media:
    I've hear the same thing Harbourboy, though I don't eat much chocolate really.

17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Dark chocolate is actually good for you. It's the sugar that's bad. Unfortunately unsweetened chocolate is quite bitter.

Another Spring Festival has ended and the Easter Bunny returns to his burrow to begin coloring all those eggs for next year. He may take a little time off for a bit of hanky-panky with the missus but then its back to the dipping.

edited a word.

[ April 09, 2007, 09:50: Message edited by: Nakia ]

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...this was the first year I didn't get any Peeps or those nasty cream filled chocolate eggs. :banana:

The only "Easter candy" I really like are the Reeses Punut Butter Eggs. :yum: :rolling:

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

We had family lunch then I went and played soccer.

20. Ragusa

Media:
    Nakia,
    only bitter chocolate really tastes like chocolate. Nowadays I rarely eat chocolate with less than 70% chocolate. When you take your time and chew on it a little the taste develops, and that's something fundamentally more impressive than milk chocolate. And to that some decent coffee (which rules out the abominable Starbucks brews) .... :yum:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.