1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Guess their ages...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by komei, Sep 23, 2002.

1. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] ...Now it might be hard for the non-human characters (for example Viconia is probably 220 elf or drow years old) - but, relating them to similar human ages, how old do you think the NPC's are in SoA?

Here's my guesses (hard to judge some!)...

Imoen - 16
    Minsc - 28 (mental age 6)
    Jaheira - 45 (she's an old scrubber!)
    Yoshimo - 35
    Aerie - 17 (probably 170 elf years!)
    Nalia - 19
    Korgan - 48
    Anomen - 30
    Viconia - 22 (probably 220 drow years!)
    Jan - 42
    Edwin - 50
    Keldorn - 60 (!)
    Haer'Dalis - 25 (probably 2500 Tiefling years!)
    Valygar - 35
    Mazzy - 25
    Cernd - 30

Irenicus - 40 (400 Elf years?)
    Bodhi - 30 (300 Vampire years or something!)
    Saverok - 40
    Saemon - 33

Anyone else want to guess?

2. Lond Daer Guest

You do realize you're forgetting about the most important NPC in the game !

Boo --- 17864 years (give or take a century; he is a youngster among space hamsters)

[ September 23, 2002, 23:40: Message edited by: rHant ]

3. komei Gems: 5/31

Yes - It's such a shame that boo is completely useless!

Wouldn't it be cool if at level 30, Minsc gains the special ability Boo-Zooker - where boo leaps around from enemy to enemy like the killer rabbit in Monty Python's The Holy Grail and instantly kills enemies for 30 seconds or so?

4. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I'm pretty sure that it says somewhere (maybe in the original BG; not sure) that both the main character and Imoen are in their early 20's.

5. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Yes, I've read somewhere too that the PC and Imoen are about 20 years old.

I disagree on a few of the ages:
    I think Jaheira is around 70 years old (give or take a decade, she is a half-elf after all), and I don't think edwin is that old, I'd say he's about 35. And maybe Yoshimo is a bit younger than 35, maybe around 25.

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG]
    BLASHPEMY!!! How can you call the greatest hamster of all time useless!! You shall be abducted and taken away for re-education by the giant space hamsters (boo's big brothers) and you shall learn respect for all hamster-kind!

7. zepert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Imoen, main charactar and saverok are all bhaal spawn so I think theye'r all the same age

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Why are you counting Bodhi in vampire years? She was an elf too until recently.

Hmm I would put Minsc older than 28, more like mid-thirties. I'd also put Cernd in his mid-thirties. I suggest a compromise for Edwin - 40. Add a few years to Mazzy but subtract a few from Anomen.

Imoen, PC, and Sarevok 19 in BG. 20 in BG2.

All my guesses.

9. Ray192 Gems: 5/31

hmmm..... PC, Imoen and Sarevok I think are about... 22 or something, Edwin is like 35, and Keldorn is about 40 or something, and Minsc is about 35 or something, while Valygar looks to be 28 or something. Then, I think

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I would definitely say that Keldorn is not forty. I mean, he does have grey hair. Although he is exceptionally strong and hardy for someone who is around 50+ years old. (I believe it said somewhere in ToB that he was around 60, but I'm not so sure.)

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I'd say PC, Imoen, and Sarevok are 21. They've got to be pretty close together.

Minsc-probably 33 or so
    Jahiera is probably 90 or so, but keep in mind that she's a half-elf, so lives longer than humans. Probably mid-thirties if she were human.

I'd put Yoshimo above 25, he's done a lot of travelling and gotten contacts. He's at least 30, probably 35.

Anomen is younger than 30. I'd say he's 23 or so.

170 seems about right for Aerie, although that's the equivilant of early 20s for an elf, so maybe 110.

Korgan is a dwarf, so he's probably somewhere in his 2nd century, human probably 40 or so.

Viccy-220 seems about right.

Jan is a gnome, so once again, he'll live a lot longer, but if he were human, probably mid-50s.

Edwin, Keldorn both look right in the first post.

I'd say more like about 27 or 28 for Valygar. He doesn't seem to be in his 30s.

Mazzy would be a bit younger (although once again, she's from a longer lived species). I'd say about 22 for her.

Irenicus I'd put older than you did. Maybe closer to 500 - 600 years. He's far too powerful and has too strong of a past to be so young.

Bodhi is pretty close to Irenicus, she is his sister after all, and she was an elf as well.

Keep in mind though, that both Irenicus and Bodhi were supposed to be cursed with a lifespan no longer than a human's, yet elves are not considered adults until about 110 - 120 years old, and they were obviously adults when they were exiled.

12. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] For all that this is worth, i dont think that jan is about 50 *human* years. I mean, he still has the hots for another gnomes wife, so he cant of gone thru a mid-life crisis. He is pretty old though, i would say about 45,43 or something.

I would has it a guess that edwin is a bit younger than 50. I mean, salvanas aprreciated edwina's body, so s/he cant be too saggy, if thats the right word. My guess would be about 38.

I agree with Rastor for the ages of bodhi and irenicus. They are pretty powerful.

Mazzy is not all that old, but old enough to have 5 in short bow, so i would has it a guess that she is about the equivelant of 26.

Minsc has only just gone journey for his rashadam or manhood quest, so he cant be too old, but i would say at least 30.

Aerie is young and still a bit inexperienced, so i would say the equivelant of 22.

Tiax would have to be at least 5,000,000,000 years old. He IS the ruler of the universe, after all.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have been thinking of this as well...

I'd say Edwin would be in his late thirties or so... 50 is way too old for him.

I'd say Keldorn and Cernd are both in their late forties... grey hair amongst other things.

By the way, in case the main char is an elf or a dwarf... they're nearly craddle-robbed if they're just 20...

Also, Aren't Catti-Brie and Wulfgar pretty spry for 40+ olds wehn they appear in the game? :p

But in the light of certain information from ToB, i think it could be safe to say that normal laws of aging and maturing do not apply on Bhaalspawns.

Ara
    (Providing you your daily Edwin obsession)

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

And here I come to dissagree with you all about Aerie. She would probably be younger than what you pepple put her at, she was captured by the circus and it's quite unrealistic to think that she was in there for say, seventy years. I'd say she's about ninety or eighty.

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

i think that Xan would be around 30-35

montaron 35

kagain 40

yeslick 50 (he is pretty senile after all)

imoen is very childish in bg1 so i would think that she is about 16 there

coran 20

eldoth kron 25

dynahier 25

16. komei Gems: 5/31

Some nice interesting replies...! It is only guesswork largely of course...

One thing though, the Bhaalspawn don't necessarily have to be the same age do they - unless they were birthed at the same time - but I haven't really read the manual I confess (who does?... um maybe some do!)

Sendai, Abizigal, Balthazar and even Yaga-Shura (apologies for name spellings if incorrect!) for example all look much older than 20!

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    All Baalspawn should be within 5 years of each other right? How long were the 'Time of Troubles'? How long did Baal have to "Spread his seed"? If these questions can't be answered with an answer of 100+ years, then something is wrong with how powerful and big Abazigal, Yaga Shura, and several of the other Baalspawn are. :rolling:

18. chimpmaster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Its a tough question really.

I mean, what age to adventurers start adventuring?

If baldurs gate 1 & 2 are any measure, you can get a character up from level 1 to level 20 in probably 6 months of character life time.

Seems a little silly, but I guess there are long breaks between adventurers, otherwise a character starting at level 17 could be an incredibly high level by the time hes 40. And why then, would a paladin like keldorn who has been questing all of his life be only level 9 or so at age 50+?

Very strange isnt it. heheh..

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

But Keldorn may not have had many realy cool adventures with a party small enough so he counld gain lots of exp

20. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I just realized that the Bhaalspawn don't have to be the same age at all. Bhaal foresaw his own death, but when did he foresee it? It could have been hundreds of years before the times of trouble, so the ages of the Bhaalspawns may wary quite a bit.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.