1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Guarded compound in the temple district

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jack Funk, May 1, 2001.

1. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] My group entered a "guarded compound" in the temple district and had a tough fight (I'm in Chapter 2). Cleaning the place out provided some nice items.
    I had no quest related reason to go there, it was just curiosity.
    Did I screw up a future quest?

2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] You didn't screw up any quest. It seems like the Guarded Compound were meant to be part of some quest but they aren't.

A tough and very fun fight it is and they have truly excellent stuff! :)

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

They could indeed made a quest of it but why...

Of course there are guarded houses that no-one asks you to enter it, but still getting trouble, not every house is just from a normal family with a few coins and history of the norths in the bookcase :)

Well, at lvl 2, you got on of the best weapons in the game, Celestrial Fury, one handed 1d10+3 damage and some more nice combat abilities.

4. Pretend Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

How did you get in? I haven't found a door or anything to go in..

5. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I went to the front of the house (the part facing west) and moved the mouse cursor around until it turned into the door cursor.

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

It just has a door at the side were you get when you move from the District End to the compound.

7. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Yeah, I wish there were just a few more menaingless battles in the game like that, fight and get treasure and so on. Anyone taken on the Riativin mercenaries?

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Guarded Compound is great, I stumbled on it late though in Chap 6.
    Haven't taken on those mercs, are those the ones in Delsolar's Inn at the Bridge District? Also you can fight another party on the second floor of the Den of the Seven Vales in the Promenade. I don't believe there is a quest with this battle, just insults and fighting. One of the punks tries to get away too...
    Korgan to fleeing thief-"Where ya think your going?"
    Viconia-casts Hold Person :D

9. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

That was a fun one in the guarded compund... they were not easy.

As for Dennis I am yet to do the gong quest... on my first time round I simply could not kill them with my party

(for those of you who don't know):
    Nyladin (bard)
    Minsc
    Anomen
    Cernd
    Mazzy
    at that point Jan.

Don't know what it was coz this was in chapter 6...

10. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The mercenaries of Rialtvin aren't pointless, it's the limited wish quest.
    The guys upstairs in the Promenade, the lich with his friends in the bridge section (yes, rogue stone) and the four or five guys inside a building in the bridge section are pointless but fun :)

11. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Who are the mercenaries of Rialtvin? A limited wish quest? Please explain.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I killed the mercs... I had no idea they were in a quest...
    Thought they were just like Mencar Pebblecrusher's gang :D hehe

13. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Celestial fury is the best one handed sword in the game I think.

A BIG damage, some GREAT combat abilities!
    Need I say more?

The garded compound is made for that weapon.

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Indeed, I thought I had heard too that the mercenaries are a limited wish-quest.

15. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The mercenaries of Rialtvin are in a tavern in the bridge section, their quest can be gotten by casting limited wish, choosing a one time wish and then asking for an adventure. Remember you need high wisdom to make anything useful out of limited wish.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.