1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Guano Apes

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Shalladeth, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

Does anyone else like the Guano Apes? They're a cool band from Germany who I think have a fairly unique sound. Not sure how I'd categorize them...they're heavy, but not what I'd consider metal. Kinda grungy, with a female vocalist whose voice reminds me of Linda Perry from 4 Non Blondes. I've got their first two albums, 'Proud Like a God' and 'Don't Give Me Names', and was curious as to whether their newer album 'Walking a Thin Line' was any good. They've got another album coming out in a few weeks or so.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Back when I was too young to think that money was worth saving, I bought their album on the basis of 1 song, "Open your Eyes". I was kinda disappointed.. then again I'm really more of an alternative rock kinda guy.

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I only like a few songs of there first CD and the first single of ther thirt album.

I absolutly loved Rain and Open your eyes!

4. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The Guano Apes play Crossover.

"Proud like a god" had a few nice songs, but wasn't anything special. After that, their music went downhill. No progression whatsoever.

Besides, Sara, the 'singer', has absolutely no talent. And screaming is just not enough.

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I kinda liked the way Sara sounds. You know it's cool to have difrent style of singers it gives ∞ posibilities for music.

Not every girl must sound like Floor jansen, that wouldný be cool!

6. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

Sandra Nasic is the front woman, and while I'll concede that she does enjoy screaming, her voice has grown on me, as has their music.
    Sounds like I'll need to check out After Forever, as a lot of folks seem to rave about Floor Jansen. Are they anything like Lacuna Coil? I've recently picked up Comalies and Unleashed Memories which are great!

7. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My brother has two of their albums. I only vaguely listen to them. "Lord of the bords" has to by my favorit. Sandra Nasic however sang on "Path" by Apocalyptica, which is one of my alltime favourits. IIRC she is from the Czech Republic.

[ November 27, 2004, 03:19: Message edited by: Zurga ]

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

@Shalladeth Was that not just me? I rave about Floor Jansen all the time on these boards :p Are thet like Lacuna Coil, maybe a little...

@Zurga I don't know the song Path, but Apocalyptica is cool. Gonna listen to it some day.

Lord of the boards was also a cool song indeed...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.