1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

GTA: San Andreas on PC?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Laertis, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I'm wondering if this game will be released on PC. I really hope so, since it's getting great reviews.

By the way, if there is any PS2 gamer that has this game, feel free to give us your opinion. ;)

2. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

July I believe, for XBox and PC. Maybe June, but definitely at least 6 months away.

I've played it, good game, but very similar to the last 2. Like them, you'll probably like this one.

3. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

It's way better then the last two, I have spent hours upon hours un just exploring the landscape and the huge cities, I mean the world is 5 times as big as vice city, which should put it somewhat in perspective.
    There is so much to do and see in that game, so to say it's like the last two is a little misleading.
    I say buy the game as soon as you can, you won't regret it

4. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

Well, it is like the last 2. The fact that the world is bigger doesn't change the basic gameplay.

It's still very good of course.

5. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

yeah but there are so many new features, like the way, you can change your appearance and that it actually affects the world. plus a lot of mini games, like gambling and all the arcade games. it really has a lot more to offer then the last two

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I agree with Equester, although the gameplay is virtually identical, there is so much more to do. It's the small things that have been added that make it so much better.

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The original press bait quotes touted it as being 5 to 6 times bigger than Vice. Which I wasn't all that impressed about since Vice had a lot of water (and you couldn't swim). However a few quotes later and it was clarified to five to six times the entire size of the Vice map. This game is huge and I've clocked in at just under a 100 hours of play time and I still haven't got bored with it. The only downside is that you can get a little lost or unfamiliar with places, though it's a virtual state so what do you expect lol.

Basically as people have already said if you liked the previous two, you'll love this one. :)

8. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Laertis - I feel for you mate, I'm going through the same anguish at the moment GTA-VC is my second favourite game (after BGII). To make it worse my best friend has it on PS2 and I don't.

I look forward to the day that I get it and install some uber cool mod that makes the gaming experience o so much greater.

GTAIII and VC came out about 6 months later on pc than they did on PS2 so it could be out by May :crosses fingers:

9. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31

I've played it a little at a friends house and first question that popped in to my mind when I played it was "Where's Tommy?!" :(

I don't like that you have to keep your guy in top shape by exercising and eating. They should've called it GTA: The Sims instead :p

But overall it had lots of good improvements like swimming. I rate it 7/10. Once it's out on PC it's 9/10 :p

10. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

I exercised at the beginning of the game for a few days straight to get full muscle and never again. It doesn't need to be an ongoing thing; also, eating 5 big meals every couple of hours play is usually good enough.

June 7th US, June 10th Europe.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57434

11. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

actually eating 1 big meal every other in game day seams to be enough. and if it isn't the game will tell you when your are feeling hungry, so it's not that much sim like.

12. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

Yeah, but running around eats fat and muscle and I like having a spare tyre to protect my biceps from wasting away :)

Just finished the storyline missions today; time to go hunting for unfinished things now.l

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.