1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Greater Wolfwere

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Abednigo, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Abednigo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] In the Windspeer dungeon, I am having trouble killing the Greater Wolfwere. All my characters are well equipped with +2 or better weapons (except Jahera), but nothing seems to hurt him. I get him down to "injured" but then on the very next round the tab says "uninjured." I can't figure out what's going on. Any help would be appreciated. Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

A

2. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

He's regenerating.

3. Abednigo Gems: 1/31

Wow, he regenerates fast! I did 42hp worth of damage to him in one round, and he was still "uninjured!" The next round I did 28hp, and he was still "uninjured." That's 80hp worth of regeneration in 2 rounds! Any tips on how to kill him would be most appreciated.

A

4. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I had the same problem. I finally killed the bastard when I got a hold of the silver sword. Just wacked him until he failed the save.

5. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

That is fast. It may be a bug. I've never had that kind of trouble killing anything but Firkraag in that dungeon...

What's your difficulty level set on? That might make a difference. (Nothing wrong with just a little cheese...)

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] 1. It is not a bug. It happens if your main hero is pretty high level.
    2. Haste all your NPCs to succeed.
    3. There is a special sword against them: Flame Tongue (you can find it in Druid Grove).
    4. If all fails, then let Edwin cast Sphere of Chaos a few times.

Silver Sword - come on! :rolleyes:
    You don't have it so early in the game.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 29, 2001).]

7. Lestatpoet Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Just try to kill a greater wolfwere with a high-level solo. This is nearly impossible. Even hasted you can only do so much damage.

8. Abednigo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I finally got him by hasting everybody, giving my fighters potions of varying giant strengths (Minsc got Frost Giant, Korgan got Stone Giant, and my main character is wearing the girdle of Hill Giant Strength). My main character is using the +3 Halberd, Minsc is using Liricor, and Korgan is using a +1/+3 vs. Lycanthropes Two Handed Sword. I had Nalia cast Lower Magic Resistance a couple of times, and then while my fighters were doing damage I hit him with spells from my two other magic users as well as a couple of wands. I think I'm gonna hold off on Firkaag until I get some higher levels.

Thanks for the help everyone.

A

9. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] It's a bug. Every time you look at their hit-points they return to full health.
    Remember not to look at it.

10. MrSerious Gems: 2/31

I had this problem once too. I know it was a bug, because I had four fighter types dealing out 20-40 damage each per round...the wolfwere wasn't hurting me much so just to see how long it would go on, I left to go buy a pack of smokes, and when I came back, they were still going at it...almost 30 real time minutes of 100+ damage per round. I finally gave up and cast invisibility 10' radius and walked past him. Its only happened once though, and I wouldn't know how to repeat it.

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] It is definetly not a bug.
    They are quickly regenerating no matter the TAB press.

Also, do please read that BG2 manual about greater wolfweres.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 30, 2001).]

12. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I can solo kill pit fiends and other creatures both magical and mysterious....but I cannot do enough damage in short enough time to kill a greater wolfwere that I summoned in the spellhold dungeon....I would summon skeleton warriors and lay on the whoopass from every weapon and spell I know as a M/T and I can't finish the sucker...although at one point, 2 skeleton warriors, 3 ogres and my M/T got it to near death before the round ended and it regen back again.

13. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Perhaps you have to kill them in one round. Improbable, not impossible.

14. Modjahed Gems: 14/31

I don't know, it sounds like a bug to me. When I did my solo game with a ranger/cleric and went to Windspear Hills I was pretty high-level. I had no problems killing Greater Wolfweres found there.

I was dualwielding Flail of Ages and Wyvern's Tail IIRC.

15. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If you are a sorcerer,killing wolfweres is so easy,summon some skeletonwarriors then lower resistances+greatermalison+finger of death or Abi-dalzims if think you can.

16. MrSerious Gems: 2/31

oh come on, I've fought greater wolfweres singlehandedly with my berserker and killed them...you're telling me that four characters dealing 100 points of damage per round for half an hour is not a bug? Nothing in the game regenerates that fast.

17. Abednigo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Well, I beat the Greater Wolfwere with an avacado, a snorkel, and some bean dip. So there. :-P

LOL,

A

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG]
    Trivia questions:
    1. Where is this quote from?
    2. Is the game bugged, or the place I quote lies, or you can't accept that such (hard) creature exist in the game?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 31, 2001).]

19. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Its a bug. In ToSC I had a hell of a time killing the greater wolfweres, but in SoA I was suprised at how fast my characters rolled over them.

20. DemoGorgon Guest

I dont even remember fighting that thing, i was a tank going thru bg2 the first time, pure fighter and i slayed all!
    p.s.
    How is TotSC?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.