1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Getting past the Stone Monks?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by sirekis, Dec 16, 2002.

1. sirekis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

How do i get past the stone monks in the monestary

[ December 16, 2002, 21:41: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jusk kick their arse. You will encounter alot tougher challenges in the testing ground. You need to pull the levers in the right order though. First the closest to the door and then the one farthest away after that just move back to the door and pull all the levers after beating the monks.

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

generally, i have few tricks playing this chamber.
    plan A - Summon animate undead, all the way. Well other summon will work but not as effective.

plan B - If my member dies in the process, but the summons are still inside the chamber, i will not rest but continue the game by sending another summoner inside. Of course, bring back the dead member into life so that he/she can claim the xp as we beat the chamber

plan C - 'Mirror image' myself as soon as i enter a chamber. So for the first few attacks, those monks cannot disrupt my spell process. Besides 'mirror image' helps me to totally evade the flame strikes in the 8th chamber.

plan D - Under HoF mode, the monks will have high resistance to various melee damage that the weapons in the chamber or summon minions can offer. The most effective magical sword that can bring into the chambers is Mordenkainen's sword.

AS you can see, i use a sorcerer or wizard to finish the chambers.

4. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sorry if I reply on such an old post..

But is it right that the chambers are REALLY easy? I did it with my deep gnome monk lvl 12 I think I took about 2 hits, overall..
    Also the spells didn't touch me because of evasion or spell resistance.

I hear a lot that people have trouble with it, does it really make a lot of difference when using a monk or another character?

5. Mephisto Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i dont have monks, but the chambers seemed really easy to me

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I had a very difficult time. The character I used the most, however, was my Elven Fighter/Druid, and at the time, he wasn't very good at either combat or magic. He kicks butt now, but at the time...

For the last few chambers, I used my pure Fighter, and he pretty much tore through everything. ;) All in all, it would have been much easier with a differant character at the beginning. Oh well.

7. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Suffice to say, having a monk make life much easier in chambers.
    Although, I used my barbarian for 7 of them and my wizard for immolatiom chamber while my first run. For the second run I had a monk, so it was much more easy.
    BTW, which ones were the stone monks? Chamber of Battle? :confused:

8. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The stone monks were in the first chamber if I remember correct.

9. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yes, you are right. I checked it out after I posted here. Anyway, only way to win this chamber is beating them to death. Simple, no tricks...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.