1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gem to finish Haer Dalis quest? (Help!)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Wraith Blackthorne, Oct 24, 2000.

1. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I rescued Haer Dalis and he told me to retrieve a gem and return it to the Theater. I think I sold the jem on accident. Any body remember what type of gem it was and where it was found inside Marketh's house? I think I need to go by it back from Ribauld.

2. TelexStar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I don't think you can sell the gem!

Its found in the alter, - not on his body.

3. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

are you sure you sold it? go back to the altar in the...place near haer'dalis and check the altar (lotsa traps!)

4. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31

I went back and double checked the altar and the gem was not there. So I must have picked up the Gem and sold it.

So does anybody know what type of gem it was or what it was called? I need to go and buy it back.

5. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31

Well, I guess it's off to Ribauld's I guess I will buy one of everything.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    OK since nobody else responded, I'll try to remember... It's not a regular gem, so don't go and buy one of every gem from Ribauld. IIRC it doesn't even look like a regular gem... it looked like a blue ring or collar, and it was called something like "portal gem" I think...

Hope that helps...

7. desa_nz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Definately a blue "portal gem". It sorta looks like a clam. I actually suspect it might be needed further down the track so i'm undecided as to whether i'll give it up or not..

8. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

want me to spoil ya and tell ya what to do with it? Though unless ur level 12 or so i wouldnt advise doing the quest yet. (would also help that have some sweet armour... I had a hard time with -10 AC...

9. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31

Thanks Guys! Everyone really came though on this one. Got the Gem back and went to the prison. It was pretty easy. Cleared it first time with a 10-11th level party. Neat quest!

10. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

you did it the easy way huh? well i went strait for the warden... my main char when after warden... minsc after his wizzard lackeys, and a fire golem and Vaylgar for the ones that ambush from behind... hes quite easy... but of you go strait after him. Its a hard quest.

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I believe I did this the "easy way", and by the time I got there the warden was killed by the 5 Umber Hulks, who then came for me... I sure don't find Umber Hulks easy, but maybe I just don't know the right way to handle them...

12. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Use chaotic commands to stop their confusion gaze and they're easy ;) Umber hulk steaks anyone?

13. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Hmmm... Yeah, I have various items that provide protection from confusion, and I just put a protected guy up front, and the Hulks all waste their confusion on him, but they're extremely fast, do a ton of damage, and take a bit of a pounding before going down... I have no problem with 1 or 2 of them at a time, but 5 was a very large handful...

The Hulks in Icewind Dale were MUCH different (and MUCH easier IMO); I could usually drop them before they came close enough to use their gaze... though their gaze affected everyone in range, not just the targeted person...

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited October 28, 2000).]

14. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31

Thanks for all the input everyone!

I must say that the only two things that gave me problems were the Umber Hulks and the one portal to a room full of WereWolves.

YES!!! The umber hulks are MUCH TOUGHER than the ones in IWD. I used my ranger with a cloak of non-detection to do a little recon. Once I found them I cast Chatoic commands on my party. I ran the ranger just with in bow range. I had her pop out of the shadows, fire a shot off and run like hell. I then lanched both an Entangle spell as well as a web in their path. Only one got through. Diced Him with my front-line Meele fighters and Fire balled the hell out of the ones stuck.

I like my Umber-Steaks well done.

I then; of course, bounced my ranger into the portal with the werewolves (I think they were werewolves) and she was immeadately slaughtered. Then they came up to join the party. Luckly right into my web mess.

I love Jaheria's Harper Call Spell.

In the end I though both the Ta'Nari (sp?) and the Warden were both over rated. Although, the battle would have been much tougher if the wardn still had control of the Trall when I got there.

15. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Hmmm... I must've taken the "really easy way", because I can't remember seeing any Umber Hulks there at all. Well, it's Sunday morning, so that may be part of it :).

16. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Really? Wow... There were 10 of them in there for me... There were 5 with a Minotaur a couple of rooms east of the entrance, then 5 more and another Minotaur in with the warden, and I think it was one of them that killed the warden while under confusion for me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.