1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gaming holy grails

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Takara, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Inspired by the interplay thread and the duke forever thread I thought I'd find out what people think the gaming holy grails are. In this I mean games in production, or rumoured to be started, but we all know will never see the light of day. The reason I call them the holy grail is because I'd dearly love to play them, but know it'll never happen.

For me they are: Baldur's Gate 3, Fallout 3, Duke Nukem forever, and now the Sam and max sequel.

Anyone know of any others?

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Jagged Alliance 3. Darn, if they do make one, I'll be the first to buy it. :D

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Might and Magic X

Heroes of might and magic V (although I have high hopes for this one)

4. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Those Apeman mentioned, and Starcraft 2.

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Right on Takara, I remember the original Sam and Max, it was the first computer game I ever had. I am so pissed the sequel was canceled, and only a month or so before it was to come out.

Remember Conroy Bumpus?

6. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Quest for glory 6. although qfg 5 wasn't that good, i would still like to see a qfg 6.

7. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Close Combat VI. The rumours were that it was going to be the battle of Crete or the African front.

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Commander Keen 3D!! lol

Nah.. I'm thinking any good RPG's.

9. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Planescape: Torment 2... Or any rpg set in Planescape actually... It is soooooo cool...

10. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Firestorm hit the nail on the head. Planescape is just about the best setting I could think of to put and RPG in.

Lunar: Silver Star Story 3. Master of Orion 4... get it right this time, and not repeat the disaster that was MOO3.

11. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i have been waiting for pong 2.

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm starting to wonder about Half-Life 2

13. Takara

Media:
    @Rednik. Just thinking of old conroy has me clicking my fingers in country music hell. :D .

Last word on half-life 2 looks like it really is due for release. I'm reading a special preview valve gave P.C Zone, and it does look set for launch, so keep you fingers crossed.

14. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

When is Doom 3 coming out? I heard from a friend that the demo is already here.

15. RuneQuester Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Heroes of M&M V is actually pretty far along adn will be released by Ubisoft, IIRC, in early 2005 or late 2004. It looks like HEroes 5 will be more like Heroes 4 than Heroes 3, much to the dismay of Heroes of M&M fans.

JAgged Alliance 3 is in the works. Whoever it is that currently has the rights to the series(whoever just released that Wildfire exp.) recently polled their fans as to which title deserved a sequel and JA 2 was the VERY CLEAR winner(63% of the vote I think) but I believe that JA3 was already being develoepd at that point anyway. SO far they have made a few announcements about features. The most disturbing is that they will include real-time combat(doesn't mean that turn based is not included but even if they include BOTH as an option, history tells us that one or the other or both aspects suffer).

Wizardry 9 is probably my "Holy Grail". Some others I would like to see:

A new "Outlaws"(Spaghetti western FPS)

A new "Dark Sun" game using the IE.(maybe possible using the freeware "Dungeoncraft" gamemaker but it would be "Goldbox" style presentation and not IE).

A GOOD PC version of the tabletop games Blood Bowl and Warhammer. TURN-BASED adn faithful to the rules of those games

16. Takara

Media:
    @Runequester. I really liked final liberation. I felt that it reflected Epic 40,000 fairly well. It's a pity it's not compatible with winxp. :cry:

17. GI Gems: 5/31

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Pool of Radiance 3 :hahaerr: :D

Anyway, I really love to see Baldur's Gate 3 and Wizardry 9 (though I heard Sirtech is reformed, or something, so it's possible).

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

RQ, I have been following the development since 1999 and except the Strategy First poll I haven't even heard a bit about the clues they should've released or anything like that. Before I take your word on it, I would like to see some more information. Linkes perhaps?

GI, Sir-Tech is down, Strategy First bought the Jagged Alliance rights but I don't know about Wizadry, but I would bet that a new of the series would not show up in this millenia.

19. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Actually with the heroes off the battlefield (as was the latest news) heroes V will be more like II. And I'm not celebrating untill the official announcement has been made.

20. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31

Heroes of Might and Magic V, hope UBI spft can make it right and not release a full "game" without multiplayer that i also felt was a straitof copy of Age Of Wonders...

Starcraft 2, no comments, zhe title will speak for itself :cool:

Fallout 3, though i've never really played through the other two titles, the Fallout universe is worth a third homerun ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.