1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

GameSurge IRC troubles

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Takara, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Given the last 24 hours of problems with GameSurege, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread about it.

I will point out that if you are planning on whinging, dont post. This is designed for constructive comments, and news updates only.

I'm finding it impossible to connect, and going through various servers is not working. Similarly I cannot log on to their website: www.Gamesurge.net

If anyone has possible solutions, or any idea what is going on with them, feel free to share.

[ July 09, 2004, 17:41: Message edited by: Takara ]

2. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

The first thing that comes to mind is http://homestarrunner.com/systemisdown.html , but as i connected without trouble... well, i am and stay connected without anything special trough irc://tukikohta.fi.eu.gamesurge.net , nothing is wrong as seen from my standpoint. I can, though, access the website and irc.gamesurge.net normally too.

3. Takara

Media:
    Am I the only person that connot connect anymore?

Every server people suggest will not resolve? Even using Java through this site doent work either?

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I connected just fine.

5. Taza

Hmm... cannot resolve? Try "/server -m 195.68.206.250".

6. Takara

Media:
    Wher would I type that Taza?
    Anyway, I'm heading out for the weekend. Hopefully it'll work when I get back. Any further help will be mucho appreciated though.

7. Taza

Would be to mIRC when it's trying to connect. And most likely this problem is over in a few hours anyway.

8. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I'm having trouble connecting too...but its not as bad as yesterday...but I still have to try connecting two three times before it gets through. :(

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Seems to be working now.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Unable to resolve for me.

Edit: /server 195.68.206.250 -m worked in VIRC

Edit2:

<Taluntain> "<Thrik> There are some temporary problems with dns resolving, it should go away shortly. People can still connect directly to the IPs."

This means /server 195.68.206.250 is the way, or "195.68.206.250" where you would otherwise type "irc.gamesurge.net".

[ July 10, 2004, 16:36: Message edited by: chevalier ]

11. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    GAH! It's on the nineteenth try! Will it ever get through?

Edit: For future referance, mIRC gives up after the 99th try.

[ July 10, 2004, 20:18: Message edited by: reepnorp ]

12. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I would like to state that two days ago I had about 200 retries through a period of nine hours, before I finally connected.

13. Takara

Media:
    Just got back, and I used the IP adress (string of numbers) and got straight on. Thanks.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...I can't get on gamesurge.net through Trillian. The only way I can get to #sorcerers is to connect to 195.68.206.250...which causes me to have serious speed issues...ping times were around 42 seconds. :grr:

Woohoo! 1234 Posts! I can count. :rolleyes: :rolling:

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Gamesurge has been working for me today, though before that I had to use the IP.

16. chevalier

Media:
    As I've had to resort to it so often recently and look it up down there, I'm posting this to make the topic go up :p

Tal, perhaps you could make it sticky?

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I haven't had any problems with it lately. Just connect to a random US server.

18. chevalier

Media:
    It happens again, so I'm bumping this up. The /server command with IP address solves the problem.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.