1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Game locks up after "Return to Easthaven" movie

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Crawl, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Please help, anyone. I'm almost done with the game, and I'm ready to finish. Only problem is, after I fight Brother Poquelin for the first time in Lower Dorn's Deep and defeat him, the game goes to a cutscene movie. When it's over, I'm back in Easthaven. But there's one major problem. The game screne is greyed out. I can see the characters standing there, moving their heads back and for like they are waiting. However, I can click on *NOTHING*. I can't click on a character portrait, a game menue button, I can't scroll the screne, I can't move a character, but for whatever reason, I can move my mouse around and I can minimize the game with Alt+F4. And down at the bottom of the screne, it says "Paused for movie". Does anyone have a clue what is the problem here? I have the patch installed. I don't have HoW installed or any third party expansion or hacks installed. It's the game straight out of the box with the patch installed (patched maybe four months or so ago). I really need to finish this game up so I can move on to Arcanum. Can anyone offer any advice.

2. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well I must admit #5 worked quite nicely for me thanks. I will have to write a nice letter thanking Bioware for their wonderful patchwork sometime. I honestly never would have figured a patch would cause a bug, and then Bioware never actually did anything about this all this time?? Ah well, thanks Avarahtar. (and yes next time I'll try the search engine....though I didn't think this would be a common bug...guess that's what I get for thinking)

Edit: Well after a short tieme today, I have finished IWD. A better end to the game than I expected, but still it seemed the story line was very loosly tied together. However, I really did like the revered brother poquelin. If there was anything at all in the game that made you want to go after the bad guys, it was the attrocities he commited in the game. He was pretty cool, but still overall the game was kinda flat. But I still have to admit, it was very nice filler between ToB and Acranum. I just hope IWD2 is a more rounded offering.

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited September 30, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.