1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Frusterated with my love for Jaheira

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jaguar, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

[​IMG] I really need some help here. I started the romance with Jaheria late, like in chapter six, because I didn't know that I had to sleep outside. After that I sped through it by pausing and letting the real time pass. I got as far as my first meeting with her mentor, and then there were some chats between me and her afterwards, but now there is nothing. I know that I didn't say anything wrong, because she was warming up to me, but I want to push this romance ahead so I can get the extra experiance when my love is turned by Bodhi.

I hope that I have explained this correctly and any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ December 08, 2003, 14:16: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

This advice may not be terribly helpful but then again it may be. Rather than give you a fish, I'll teach you how to fish - which I know you like ;)

Do a search for 'Jaheria Romance' in these forums and similar searches and you'll see how you can manually move the romance along with the CLUA Console. It's the only way I've ever been able to finish the romance. You may have to skip a conversation or two. It has been so long that I can't recall exactly what you need to do. The forum search combined with the romance guide in the game section will get you where you want to go I think.

So there is a pole, a line, and some bait - happy fishing.

3. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

just go into SK and go to Global Variables
    look up JaheiraRomanceActive
    and change it to 1
    then save it
    back in the game do
    CLUAConsole:AdavanceRealTime(3000)

or do
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive",1 )
    then

CLUAConsole:AdavanceRealTime(3000)

4. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

After the first apearance of Dermin his next apearance is 6 ingame days (so you need to sleep for an equivalent of 6 days in the game). Not every timer is based on real time. May I suggest you read and use the very well written Romance guide (the one with ALL the dialog options) here on Sorcerer's.

5. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Edit - didn't see the previous post while writing the following:

I may be wrong but I don't think he wants to do those things. His romance with her is active from the sounds of it. Real time just isn't advancing things. You can force a conversation though and skip conversations using the CLUA console. It's in the guide and in previous threads that can be searched for. I may be wrong, but iirc this is how it worked for me in the past.

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

@Ivellos the Bladesinger

Not to sound stupid or anything, but could you explain what to do a little more fully and with real words?

Thanks.

7. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@ Jaguar:
    Go into the directory you installed Baldur's Gate. Open "Baldur.ini" with notepad, and on the second line write "DebugMode=1". Then save it. (First make a backup copy of this Baldur.ini just in case). Then start your game and press CTRL+Space. You get the command line where to write those things Ivellos posted. Just copy-paste them so you don't make any mistakes.

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Ah, I should have known that. Thank you Mayfairy.

[Edit - I tried it but I don't know if it worked or not. I got the message "Iua:toLua - argument 3 of function 'SetGlobal' should be type 'long'."

I don't think it worked, but I would appreciate any help.]

9. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Did you already have the second Dermin appearance? If you haven't , read my post! It's easier than cheating. :good:

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

@Meatdog

I haven't had the second appearance of Dermin, and I tried your approach, but still no Dermin. I am at a loss.

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Extremist's guide to SoA romancing:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_tips.php

Most of it is already there. Otherwise, you'd be condemned to manual editting of variables through SK. Don't worry, once I finished the romance this way as I didn't bother waiting or finding out what condition might have not been met :rolleyes:

[ December 08, 2003, 14:18: Message edited by: chevalier ]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  12. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

[​IMG] It is impossible to romance Jaheira successfully because Beren has bugged all known mods and patches with a trojan that prevents anyone but himself from scoring with her. ;)

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

@ chevalier

I read it through and found out what was supposed to happen, but nothing did. Right after the Dermin is talked to the first time, Jaheria and <CHAR> have a few talks and then nothing.

14. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

@Meatdog

While I think that that site would help normally, I still cannot get anything to happen. None of the console commands seem to do anything. Someone, anyone, I just want to continue on with my game.

16. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The reason that Manveru's patch didn't help is that it is a preventative fix. It tends not to fix problems after they have already occurred.

Ideally, it should be installed before you ever find yourself in Irenicus' cage (and rescue Jaheira from hers :love: )

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Well, how do I fix problems that have already occured?

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Try google search on something like 'bg2 jaheira romance variables' or whatever. That should spawn you several worthy sites. Then find the exact instructions as to what you should edit in SK to what value. Everything is in the variables. Everything except conditions that just have to be met - like specific locations and the like.

19. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I give up having Jaheira in my party, the romance is to much trouble with the amount of bugs it has.

20. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

If you have the latest patch plus Baldurdash, you shouldn't have any problems. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.