1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Blog, May 20, 2003.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

(aka FRUA)
    For those wondering what this is, it is a "game" that lets you make your own RPG's and play them. So you get to design your own dungeons, cities, shops, monsters, quests, NPCs, etc., and write your own storyline. Then you can use FRUA to play the game you've created, starting from scratch with character generation.

If you played Pools of Darkness or Secret of the Silver Blades or the Dragonlance series (eg: The Dark Queen of Krynn), the game interface is identical.

Does anyone else have FRUA? And anyone interested in exchanging modules?

2. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Is it available on the internet? And if so, have you got a link for it? I've never even heard of it before.

3. Blog Gems: 23/31

I don't think it is available on the internet, but I haven't tried searching for it recently.

But there ARE web rings out there that are dedicated to FRUA... I remember browsing through one guy's creation and he hacked the composite long bow +5 and turned it into some laser launcher for a RPG in outer space. :D

I have a copy of the original software on 3.5 inch disks, so not a downloaded version.

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

If anyone could send me the game or something like that I would be greatfull.

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Sounds interesting... How big is it (ie. how much space does it take when zipped or what ever)?

6. Blog Gems: 23/31

Like the games I mentioned in the first post, this is a pretty old program, so how big could it be? :) My FRUA folder has about 6.5 MB, but that includes the created games.

I punched in "forgotten realms unlimited adventures" into the yahoo search engine and found this site: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/7222/frua.html

Don't know what that download does, but simple searches like that on Google or something might be fruitful.

7. Register Gems: 29/31

That link only provides us with the patch. I found a real site where you can download it.

8. Blog Gems: 23/31

Good job Rutkowski! I wonder if they got rid of the copy protection / password thingy... If you have the manual for one of those Gold Box games, the passwords are the same. If not, just ask me.

9. Register Gems: 29/31

[​IMG] ARGH!! For some reason I can't download it. Anyone that can send it to my e-mail in pieces or such things? Please? The e-mail is ab_cool_som_attan@hotmail.com

10. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I cant get it down too. Just some stupid fail messege. "Download fail" or somethin like that.

I dont know whats wrong. I looked at the FAQ but its too general one and there isnt a problem there such as this.

Stupid inventions :p

11. Blog Gems: 23/31

Darn... I could always email the files one at a time to you I suppose. It'd take a while, but it might work better than searching for a good site with a proper download.

Do you guys think this is the way to go?

12. Register Gems: 29/31

@Gothmog - I have the same problem. I could download other files but just not that wone. :mad:

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm searching other abandonware sites for it now. But note, Tal doesn't think that abandonware is legal in the slightest so posting these websites here may get you a nice arse kicking.

Edit: This game is not abandonware. There is a box set of five games which includes it, so it is still supported by the publishers, if not very well.

[ May 24, 2003, 05:08: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

14. Register Gems: 29/31

Oh, I forgot the rules. Heh. We will have to start PM-ing about it instead. :)

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm fine with links to abandonware sites for games that you can't buy in stores any more.

16. Register Gems: 29/31

Ok thanks. Now we don't have to watch over our backs every now and then. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.