1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Forgive me if I seem out of breath... (possible spoiler)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Bowie, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] ...but I just killed my first Dragon!

This may be old hat to some of you, but that was one tough battle. HoW made a nice little detour for my adventurers. I was a little worried on Burial Isle, but I made it through somehow (ugh!, I just had flashbacks of wailing virgins and hastened drowned dead beating on my party :() Now on to Chapter 6!

Only problem at the end of HoW is I had stuck a whole bunch of stuff in a container that I had planned to come back to, because my 4 characters were running out of inventory slots, and the game just drops me back to Kaldahar without a chance to regroup. Oh well, it was just some +1 spears and wolf pelts that I planned to sell anyway.

Anyway, I feel like I'm talking to myself, cause it seems nobody posts in the IWD forum compared to BG2 one. I can't be the only one playing it right now can I?

2. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

no, your not the only one playing, but I am concentrating on NWN stuff for the most part myself. out of curiosity, how does icha-whats-his-name compare with...say...Firkraag

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I found the Dragon of HoW to be easier than any SoA Dragon. I mopped the floor with the HoW Dragon; no trouble at all...

4. Bowie Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] Sorry, I'm not the one to ask about that. Perhaps in a few months I'll know, I've gotta dual class my BG fighter into a cleric and import him into BG2 before I'll get to that point. I'm just taking one game at a time, and BG2 is down the road a ways and, right now the northern lands still need saving. :)

5. Bowie Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] BTA, sure killing the HoW dragon is easy when your a level 30 Wizard, but I'm only a level 2 Goblin Chief!

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Heh! I didn't mean to minimize your achievement Bowie! Just statin' the facts as I see 'em... :)

7. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'll come back to playing IWD when I get the expansion pack. I think this is currently overpriced so I'm waiting for it to appear on budget somewhere. Then I'll be back.

8. shadow_thief Guest

[​IMG] -i have just finished iwd expansion and its kinda of fun. here is my document:
    kills: too many
    dies: enough to make u die and redie without resurecting
    dragon:impossible
    wailing virgins: i need the mental asylom now
    clans:short and wierd
    mosters:cold
    game:huh? wat game? i thought that was real!!

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hey you can reach up to Level 30 in HOW.
    You face Firkragg at around level 10.
    Notice the difference here...?

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    If you face the HoW Dragon, you'll know what I'm talking about; part of the problem is HoW doesn't have all those protection spells that SoA has.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I found the fragon here much easier than Firkraak, maybe it's because I didn't use snare traps with him... then again I couldn't use that here either. It was a nice twist, that her soul went into a stone after you kill her. Actually I didn't think that was the ending yet. I thought there would be a coupla dragon henchmen at different stages before the main enemy. Overall, as the first expansion I've played I'd have to say it's pretty good, a little but on the short side though (but hey thats why its an expansion right?)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.