1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

For newcomers

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Extremist, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Please, this forum is the best forum of these boards. It is the best because it has less spams then other forums.

Please, keep it as it is. And posting the same thing endlesly is pain to read and will get you only serious consequences.

I suggest that in case you haven't read it yet, open this: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/faq.html

2. herf Guest

Lazy Bonzo that means you!

3. Baldursgate Fan Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I have to agree with you here, Extremist.

I have been to other boards and I must say that this is the most spam free one I have been to. It is interesting to read what other people have to say here when I am taking a break from games.

I should know; I am typing this message in the middle of no man's land in a field camp ;)

4. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    yeah.... well, here u get the more intelectual people who are willing to read all the description and sroty instead of see it or hear it :D

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Ok herf extremist i will only post relavent interesting stuff and not post boring stuff just to get up to levels, i only wanted to get rid of the watcher eye anyway.

Anyway i was only following herfs lead in some of his earlier post eg those like "i can't be bothered to reply. Oh */me i just did. Bangs head against wall"

Anyway i apoligise for the boring/repeated posts. Sorry.

But on a final note can i just say Torment Rocks and it is a great game.

P.S. I will try to change some of the repetive post and explain sorta more why i like torment rather than just cos it rocks.

P.P.S therefor i will change the final note to : I love the game torment and i think it rocks because of :-

The detailed and interesting plot that was more gripping than that of bg1/2.
    Well developed character interaction.
    The best journal in an rpg that i've played.
    Annah and Leprechaun annah's looks/music.
    Morte's wise cracking jokes.
    Nordom's hilarious lines.
    Quicker non random character generation.
    A gameplay are that only got better (mortuary to sigil to clerks and lower ward to ravels maze to curst etc).
    Amazing spell effects.
    3 parallel classes that could be changed.
    Alternate endings.
    The way what u do with one character may affect another eg romance with annah OR ffg.
    The alignemnt changes.
    The humour in the game.

P.P.P.S Sorry, Again.

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 06, 2001).]

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Ok, ok, I wasn't insulted and probably noone else - so no offense taken. I just needed to make a note that I don't like it. Others could say that they like it, but as you saw...

Now, the point of these forums is to get fun.
    You'll post only interesting stuff? Beware, because such posts can also get boring and sometimes it is not fun at all. You can add some spice with humor, spitting (on other games), blasphemy (i.e. "Grace sux"), etc. ;)
    You became a part of certain community. It's all up to your posts whether the community will think of you as:
    - never heard of this guy
    - what an annoying nut
    - blasphemer
    - madman (that's me btw ;))
    - romantic
    - immature
    - can this guy just for once spell properly
    - hey! I like this one, lemme check other his posts
    - etc etc

Besides, there is no need to post memoirs always - sometimes a short note is better expression. And easier to read of course. Hmmm, when talking about memoirs, look at this post :rolleyes: ;)

But of course, you don't need to take this post as an order or something, you just do what you think is the best. Just don't pester people, please. Ok, pester them but not much *evil grin*

And last, you don't need to edit previous posts and links, what's done is done, just don't do it again. ;)

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Thanks for explaining extremist i was about halfway through getting rid of the bad stuff ill just leave it and be more careful about my posts.

Why has the word gameplay now in all my posts turned into a link.

I think this thread has reached the end and should probably be closed now.

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 12, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 27, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.