1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Finishing the game and Werewolf Island

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by DarkSpider, Oct 11, 2002.

1. DarkSpider Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Okay, I've beaten Sarevok, but I lost Minsc and Khalid in the battle. Will that have any effect when I import to BG 2? I'm pretty sure it won't, but one never knows...

If it matters, they didn't get "chunked".

One other thing; has anyone else ever come back from Werewolf Island and not promptly gone to fight Selaad? Apparently, they mean it when they
    say you're infected with Lycanthropy.

I was rather surprised when my entire party, save my hero, turned into werewolves in the inn and
    ripped into me.

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

As for the characters dying, it doesn't matter. First, because when you import a character, you import only that character, nothing to do with NPC's. Second, in BG2, Khalid never joins your party because he is dead. That doesn't spoil anything, does it? As for the other question, sorry, can't help you. I've never played Tales of the Sword Coast, although I've heard good things about it.

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Vorpal, that is a spoiler.

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] Sorry 'bout that. I'll never do it again :D

5. DarkSpider Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In fairness, I probably should have given a spoiler warning about the Werewolves thing.

And there are probably some spoilers in what I'm about to say, just so you know.

I didn't think it would affect anything, but I was just curious.

I doubt I'll use Minsc anyway. I like to use a couple of PCs for BG2, and Minsc can't really compete with a Half-Orc Barbarian with 19s in Strength and Constitution. And yes, I know Barbarians are inferior to Berserkers if you're doing Dual-Class Maximization, but I refuse to ever Dual-Class anybody for any reason, largely because of what they inflicted on Imoen. She was
    so much more useful as a pure thief.

This has something to do with why I play Bards.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.