1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Final Bodhi battle

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by aldekeuk, Aug 2, 2002.

1. aldekeuk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Any suggestions for this fight would be helpful. Bodhi took my beloved Aerie (who was the only one who could cast Restoration), I've used the holy water on the upper level, and my party keeps getting level drained till they die.

Thanks in advance

[ August 02, 2002, 20:40: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I suggest that you take someone else that can cast it just for the battle and then throw him out after its done ;) .

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Who do you have and what's your equipment? The two best weapons for Vampires are the Azure Edge axe and the Mace of Disruption +2. You should have at least one item that provides Negative Plane Protection if you sided with the Shadow Thieves, and the Mace of Disuption +2 does also.

4. Arutha Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Several things will help you:

1) Get help. On your way from the elven encampment back to the city, you must have met Drizzt and his party. At that point you ask Drizzt for help with Bodhi and he'll meet you there.
    Also, if you worked for the shadow thieves, go and see Aran Linvail and ask for help. He'll send assassins to help you.
    Last, go the Order of the Radiant Heart (temple district) and also ask for help, they'll send a paladin along.
    Sure, you'll get less xp (you don't get xp for what those guys kill), but if your group can't handle the fight on its own, then well, better less xp than none. ;)

Since Aerie is gone for now, you could also hire Viconia or Anomen just for that fight (Viconia is in the cemetery, by the entrance to the vampires nest, Anomen is at the Copper Coronet).

2) Two items can provide help there: the Mace of Disruption +2 and the Amulet of Power, since both protect their user from level-drain. Try and equip them on frontliners.
    Problem is, you may not have the mace, and fighters/thieves can't equip the amulet so you may not have a frontliner who can wear the amulet. All the more reason to get Viccy or Anomen, since both can tank and wear it.

Last thing, just buy a lot of Restoration scrolls from the Temples.

You could also just use scrolls of protection from the undead (found at the Adventurer's Mart and most temples), but that would be cheesy: the "fight" would then become so easy there would be no fun in it. For the middle ground between too hard (your current situation) and too easy (scrolls of protection), try with the hints above.

[ August 02, 2002, 19:12: Message edited by: Arutha ]

5. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Here are a few suggestions:

- Amulet of Power, which protects against level drain, can be used by anyone who is not a straight fighter. If you sided with Aran Linvale, he gave you one. Give that to one of your of your front liners.

- If you have any other clerics, have them cast Negative Plane Protection. It will only protect one person, so use that on your tank.

- IIRC, you can buy Protection From Undead scrolls in Waukeen's Promenade and I believe those protect from level drain. Anyone can use these as long as their intelligence is high enough.

- a Mace of Disruption +1 forces undead to save vs death or be destroyed; a Mace of Disruption +2 (the one coated with illithium) protects against level drain also.

- Strategically, the best way to handle this battle is to engage the vampires one or two at a time by luring them out of Bodhi's chamber.

Hope this helps!

6. Arutha Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Spelladonna, see my topic about scolls of protections vs Undead in ToB forum from a coupla weeks ago.
    I really wouldn't advise using them for two reasons:
    - They not only "protect" from physical attacks by undead (which they're supposed to do), but they just "deactivate" undead, turning them into sitting ducks who can take zero action (not even casting spells, just nothing) except sometimes try and run away. Not fun.
    - Also, since undead can take no action, quest dialogues are not triggered until the protection wears off, so it can interfere with quest completion.

7. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I was just offering it as an option. Once I found out what they did to undead, I never used them again. I sometimes think I'm overdoing it with the Amulet of Power & Mace of Disruption.

8. aldekeuk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Thanks all. I know someone has the Amulet of Power and maybe I'll go pick up Viccy for the fight (hope Aerie doesn't get jealous)!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.