1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

FIGHTING FALDORN --- PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by TUCKERA, Jan 11, 2001.

1. TUCKERA Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] MY PARTY CONSIST OF CERND, MINSC, AERIE, SIR ANOMEN, VALYGAR, AND MY MONK (TUCKERA). FALDRON IS IS KILLING MY TEAM EVERYTIME. I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL LEADERSHIP CHALLENGES WITH
    CERND, BUT FALDORN CASTING ABILITY IS BETTER THAN CERND. BECAUSE HE IS VERY SLOW. I HAVE EVERY TRIED TO ATTACKED HER WHILE SHE IS BLUE
    AND SUMMON ANIMALS AND CAST HOLY SMITE WHILE OTHER PARTY MEMBERS ATTACK WITH MISSILES. BUT
    SHE CONTINUES TO USE NATURE BEAUTY AGAINST ME
    WHICH SEEMS TO PAUSE BATTLE FOR A FEW SECONDS
    THEN RETURN TO ME MY PARTY SEVERLY HURT.
    IS THERE ANYWAY TO STOP NATURE BEAUTY SPELL OR MISCAST IT. PLEASE HELP A NEWCOMER TO BGATE/BGATE II AND D&D.

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Quit using all caps. I'll stick my katana up your ass, EternalPaladin will behead you with his flamberge and Syl/Grub will do unspeakable things to you if you do.
    Nah, just kidding.
    You can't beat Faldorn in a direct battle. Believe me, I've tried. Legitimately and with ShadowKeeper. Challenge Faldorn to a dueal with Cernd or Jaheira. Memorise summoning spells and cast them as soon as you're in the pit. Preferbly you'll be able to get off 2 Summon Monsters 2 before her Insect Swarm kicks in on you. Run around the pit avoiding her while your minions maul her. Don't worry about dying from Insect Swarm. Even Cernd should be able to survive it. Faldorn'll go down quickly if you do so.

3. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I have beaten Faldorn with Jahiera and it is perfectly do-able.

If you can cast Summon Animals that will summon 2 mountain bears. They will rip her to pieces. Then turn yourself into an animal and help them rip her to shreds. Never try against her by yourself it's hard.

4. Sorl Guest

You will have no weapons in the duel, so be sure to have fireblade or equivalent memorized.

A little cheat against Faldorn: have one of your mages put speed and/or protection spells on your champ before the fight (thats not fair but does help).

5. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

The most easy way for me was to cast Insect plague first and then turn into greater werewolf (Cernd).

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I used insect plague on her too! Good first spell. It prevents her from casting and allows you summon/shapechange, and tear her up!

7. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Cernd challenged her to a duel, shifted to werewolf and tore her apart. She barely had time to get any spells off at all! And this was one of the first quests we did, so we were still a fairly low level party.

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Summon a Fire Elemental and cast Sanctuary on yourself.

Syl...

9. Nylson Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] If you challenger her to a duel she's really easy to beat. I used Jaheira and amybe had to use one or two healing potions. I think there's a staff on the ground (in the combat pit) to that you can pick up to fight with.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Funny, we seemed to do it all the same way. I think Sylvus´ Idea is the most elegant one.
    Jaheira fought for me and I made her cast Insect plague first, my mage hasted her too :)), the then I summoned animals (two bears) fo finish the job for me.
    Insect plague is a cool first spell for it miscasts enemy spelling.

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had Jaheira summon a Fire Elemental and then beat Faldorn with the stick. Then when Faldorn turned into a Panther, I had Jaheira turn into a Bear a rip her apart...

12. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hmm...
    It's been awhile since that fight, but I used Jahiera, and of course I wasn't prepared with any good spells beforehand. :(
    I shapechange Jahiera into a bear, and she won the fight, no summons or anything. She was pretty beat up afterward tho.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.