1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fighters unite.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shura, Apr 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

i just saw this topic on some other board and decided it was just so cool.

Anyway, here's for you guys to put in your own real life fights and advice on fighting.

Here's something that I came up, seeing as how everybody's so intent on helping a smaller guy beat up a bigger guy.

How about some strategies for big guys fighting smaller, quicker ones?
    Keep your body posture low. The little shrimps are fast but if you maintain your balance, you should be able to prevent them from getting to your blind spots.
    Don't overextend on punches. You're bigger and probably stronger so make sure that when you punch you don't lose balance.
    Make sure to anticipate a groin attack. Most little shrimps think that a big guy's groin is always wide open. When his leg comes up, you'll be ready and waiting. Grab it and pull him in to his death.
    Don't bother blocking his jabs to your chest, gut and shoulders. Take the little hits and hit him when he's hitting you. He'll be the one worser off by far.
    Use the terrain to your advantage. Back him into a corner, the moment you see his concentration waver, wade in with a barrage of punches.
    Always, always try to grapple him at the earliest opportunity. Pin him against a wall and choke the crap out of him or smash his face in. He'll be powerless to stop you once you grab him.
    Ok, here's how to fight dirty against smaller people.
    1) grab him by the collar suddenly and headbutt him. By putting all your weight behind that blow, he'll probably be stunned.
    2) pretend to walk away, then whirl about and kick him in the groin.
    3) sneak up behind and hit him really hard at the base of the skull with the knuckle of your middle finger.
    4) basically, just throw a heavy punch at him when he's least expecting it. he'll be forced to parry and if you're stronger, you'll easily smash through his block and into his body. Even if you miss, his arms would be at the least numb, temporarily crippling him.

Strength is not everything in a fight. But neither is speed.

"Korega Shura Ki No Ken Da!"

2. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I would also advise people to follow John Cleese's advice and use a handgun to disarm assailants of any dangerous fruit they may be carrying.

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Don't forget to release the tiger if it's a particularly nasty mob stalking you with a punnet of rasberries :D :D

4. Hrast Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This sure brings out memories of my fighting phase (about 10 years). I was short and brave, a deadly combination (for me, not my oponents).

Once I was out before making a single hit at the big fella. He punched me in the chest, so I ran out of air and then while i was stil trying to get some air (you realy can`t do anything else then) he nocked me down with a good kick and then several (actualy they were few, but several sounds better) others (kicks that is) followed while I was down. Not something I would want to go through again.
    At other ocasions I mostly got knee in a stomach.

Only chance that any short guy has is to fight 1st grade style. That means to jump on giant with all speed and power posesed (so he will not have time to punch shorty and to use kinetic energy to nock him on the ground) and while stil in the air to grab his neck with an elbow. Then squise the elbow and try to strangle him, (don`t worry shorties can only limit suplies of air not cut it off entirely) now that big guy isn`t geting enough air he gets wild (!), he punches all over, but if shorty values his life he will not release him (imagine big guy went frenzy with freedom of movement), despite all punches he will definetly receive, mostly at his back. This is how far I came. After a while big-guy should have enough, but then again...

Today a pair of low profile adidas`s original is all I need when I encounter `smart` tall-guy.

5. herf Guest

first of straight into a fight punch the underside of his/her nose with a flat palm with your knuckles bent only at the first joint.
    a) it will send his nose flying through his head and will crush part of his brain or his spinal cord paralysing him or killing him
    b) give him one hell of a nose bleed if it doesnt kill him, when ur bleeding from somewhere on ur face during a fight its really annoying and it diverts your atention form other things, this will also mean it is harder for him to get air if her ocntinues ot breath through his knose
    c) will just make his eyes water up temporarily binding him.

*always feint punces, it puts ur opponent off sumthin shocking, especially if its a street fight and they wotn be expectin it
    *when you kick lean the top half of your body back a little so your whole body will be more balanced then it would have been if u didnt lean back
    *if ur a heavy puncher then go in for a few punches and then back off, if ur fast then get in there and dont lay off the guy
    *wind the person, hit them in the chest square on, most people will bend over a little to get air, when they do grab the back of their head and knee them in the face or give them an uppercut, works wonders
    *always be showy but not cocky, embarass the person during the fight but dont do silly gymnastics or nehtin like that, trip them up, laug at them when u dodge a punch, stuff like that, when ur done they will be so embarased they wont want to fight u again and everyone watching will be scared

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

As my Father told me:

Never hit a man in anger . . .

. . . unless your absolutely sure you can get away with it.

7. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Hahaha! Does size matter? Does speed?

Speed is way better than size. Weapons are way better than brute strength. Surprise is better than a straight fight. Advantage is better than disadvantage.

You must know to fight with instinct. Being small does not mean you cannot be stronger than a person bigger than you. Most of the time strength comes easily to those who are bigger, but that only means you have to train harder at it.

Who kicks the groin nowadays? Doesn't everybody expect that? How would you defend against an insidious, crippling kick to the knee? Who will waste time hitting the torso of a beefier opponent? Even a tiger fighting a bull goes for the throat and head.

If you're a big guy, train not just to increase strength, but also train for speed and economy. You will be unbeatable.

[This message has been edited by Rakanishu (edited April 16, 2001).]

8. Shura Gems: 25/31

As a fighter, I'm basically both weak and slow. However I'm good at reading and anticipating the movements of people and am fairly well co-ordinated so I seem to be a lot faster and stronger than I really am.
    I guess skill and co-ordination both take priority over both speed and strength.

The ability to take hits and get up from them is essential too. If you're laid out by the first blow, no way will you ever become a good fighter.
    Also, true fighters cheat like hell. Use a wooden club when your opponent is unarmed. Sneak attack him. Threaten his loved ones. Use a knife. Run him over with a car. Or better yet, challenge him to a fist fight, then pull out a gun and shoot him to death.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh yeah, that's a classic... You know, when a guy is faced with a homicidal maniac who does his kung-fu act or whatnot for two minutes. Our guy looks at his watch, yawns and shoots the maniac. :p

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I'm a little guy. :p I dunno about Kung-fu and all this other stuff, but it seems kinda strength related, and I'm not really very strong. I take Jiu-Jitsu, strength and weight still matter nut not as much. It's all throws, takedowns, chokes and locks. All about balance, leverage and technique ;) But sadly, nowadays we don't have any REAL fights here. Most guys that go looking for them are pussies with SCARY big brothers. Kinda sad really... :(

11. Shura Gems: 25/31

Hey, then you can beat the crap out of them AND their big brothers. I've no formal training but I'm sure I can hold my own in a fight. Intimidation helps too. I can make a guy back away with a glare when I was in school.

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

God dammit!

Just learn 20 different types of martial arts and that should cover it for you!

13. caleb Banned

If you are in a school fight it is just gonna get broken up in a couple minutes anyway so dont rush in get a bloody nose and look like you lost the fight just try and do as much damage to the face as you can while keeping your face from getting hit and you will look like the friggin man.One of the funniest fights I ever saw some 8th grader wanted to pick a fight with a 10th grader so the 10th grader just kept dodging his lunges and kicking him in the ass(LITERALLY!) till a c.p. came. I still laugh thinking about it.

14. caleb Banned

Another tactic to use is to shout out ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US! then kick him in the nads while he's confused.

15. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Caleb, don't blow off high school fights so lightly. When I was in HS, a lot of kids used to have this place in the woods, behind the the schools where they would go to settle their "differences". No one thought much of it, as they were common troublemakers, and as you say, the fights never lasted very long anyway.

One day these two kids went out to go at each other and the usual crowd of JH and HS kids gathered to watch. A couple of bloody noses and a few good kicks later, one of the kids was down. Problem was he never got back up again. My sister and I went to his funeral a few days later.

There must have been 20 or so kids standing around watching that day. Don't take it lightly, because I assure you: it can turn very serious very quickly.

16. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If your big (like me) your best bet at fighting is to make every hit count. If your small (like some other people) your best bet is speed.

Gravitationally callenged fighting techniques:

Keep moving, staying in one spot will make you a target.
    Find your balance, shifting your weight from front to back will not only put your body a foot or two away from your opponent, but it will also allow you to recover with a front snap (kick).
    Reserve your strength, aim your shots at specific areas:
    There's a soft spot right beneath your sternum (breast bone) immediately behind that zone is the diaphragm for the lungs. You can kill someone if you hit them hard enough.
    Armpits are soft and full of nerve clumps, great kicking zones (if you can kick that high).
    Groin ('nuff said).
    The throat is very sensitive, just a slap should draw some attention.
    If you can't win, let your opponent remember you. A knee to the tailbone can be remembered for some time, as can a kick to the kneecap (just be careful you don't break it).

Big Guy fighting techniques:
    Watch them little buggers, if you can't block a punch or kick, let it hit an area that's not so sensitive. (i.e. take a kick to the hip instead of the groin).
    It doesn't matter where you hit them, as long as it stays on the torso or legs.
    Stay away from the groin and face, you don't want to be labelled as a bully or worse simply because you defended yourself.
    Shoulders are wonderful targets. Hitting a shoulder hard enough will cause the rest of the arm to go numb and useless.
    Don't stop! If you have the advantage and an opening, keep striking.

Disclaimer - these fighting techniques are intended for fighting someone smaller or bigger than you are. If bodily injury is induced through the usage of the above tactics, Sapiryl is not liable.

17. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Oh, one more thing.

Try to stay away from the face. Even if you win the fight, you will probably have to pay for opponent's reconstructive surgery.

If you can't resist, however, here are directions for a strike that will not leave permanent damage:

1.Take your finger and place it on the tip of your nose.
    2.Trace your face outwards in a straight line.
    3.You should come to a boney lump.
    4.Trace your finger upwards. If you touch the outer corner of your eye, you found the right lump.

This boney lump is the highest point of your cheekbone. Striking the tip of this (correctly) will lead to an amazing series of events. First, the nasal cavities of your victim will empty into his/her throat. Convulsions will rack your opponents throat until they throw up. Their pupils will dilate and they will become essentially blind. Now, they're all yours.

Have fun! :D

18. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Ok, now I see at topic that is rapidly courting a LOCK. Enough!

19. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Apologies Darien, I started reading the thread, got excited, and skipped to the bottom without reading all of the posts. I have attended many martial arts classes and the one thing that was said the most was:

"Use this knowledge only in defense."

Perhaps I should have begun my posts with the above phrase.

20. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Sapiryl, thanks, and I'm sure you meant no harm, but seriously, you need to remember how many people read this stuff. It's like the idiots who go out into their backyards and pretend to be WWF superstars. I just think the specifics of maiming and disabling don't need to be detailed on a Gaming site, you know? It's a bit much...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.