1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Festhall rest bug... save me, please!

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Wynne, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Wynne Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Since I've been avoiding walkthroughs as much as possible, I didn't know about the nasty festhall bug. I rested before I got the bloody key, and then proceeded to do about 800 other things, including clicking on every single one of the sensate stones.

I really have no desire to go back; I've done too much tedious clicking since then and would almost rather quit playing altogether if I can't fix this. I'll do anything suggested to get that damned door open or get the items inside the room; I have no qualms. I tried cheating like hell--bumping TNO's strength to 20, bumping Annah's lockpicking skills, etc. Neither worked. And no savegame editor I found had this vital quest item (the key) in it.

What on earth was the reason for that design decision anyway? Why couldn't they make it possible for you to get that item by picking locks or bashing the door open? It makes sense from a story perspective, which I admire, but from a game perspective, when so many things could--and do--go wrong...

Well, anyway, is there anyone who can help me get into the room, or get what's inside it without entering it?

2. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

The key exists in the game, so I would think you could find it with Near Infinity. Anyway, you could also use Near Infinity to edit a saved game where you are on that screen, and change your location to inside the room with the X,Y coordinates. Do your stuff in the room then see if you can get out. If you can't, use the same trick to get out.

3. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

What bug are you talking about? Can you be more specific?

You need to be a Sensate before the Clerk will give you the key (or they need to think you're a Sensate).

Once you are a Sensate, it is impossible to talk to the Clerk without getting the key, no matter which dialog option you choose, and no matter what dialog options you've chosen before.

Also, you can pickpocket the key from the Clerk. If that doesn't work you've already gotten it from her. Maybe your inventory was full and it dropped on the ground? Check all your party members' inventories and check on the ground in that map.

Maybe you dropped the key somewhere else thinking it was another key you didn't need? It looks just like the keys from TNO's tomb in the Drowned Nations.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.