1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Extra Dialogue With Bards?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by The Kilted Crusader, Nov 7, 2003.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Whilst playing IwD, I noticed that you can sing to that water elf wifie in easthaven if you talk to them with a bard. Are there any other places where you can do this?

2. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

A couple:
    • Winter Cradle's Tavern, Easthaven. Have a bard talk to a townsperson and you'll get a gem.
    • Hailee Dunn, Lonelywood. A bard can sing her a song about a magic fish for an XP reward; this also opens up further dialog options.
    Unless you have Heart Of Winter, I'm not certain that a bard character is worth her place in your party. HoW makes them much more useful by expanding their song repertoire. Warchant of the Sith is well worth a character slot all on its own, while the song which protects against vocal attacks (name?) is invaluable on the Burial Isle.

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I think I'll have to explore the uses of a bard a bit more then. Thanks :thumb: .

4. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You can also have the bard talk to one of the fighters, Fleezum?, in lower Dorn's Deep and convince him to leave. This only works if you have got the picture of Marketh from the gnome who is making the statue and if you haven't killed his brother(the one in the red armor) You'll get about 60000xp IIRC and he will leave his stuff too.

5. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

In heart of winter you can talk to the dwarf smith just before the Seer and you get a boatload of xp for recognising him if you talk with a bard or a dwarf. There may be some restrictions on the stats, but I believe that they both work because I've done it.

6. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've noticed a lot of instances like this throughout IWD (and IWD2, but we won't go into that...) but its weird how everyone is like Bards do nothing, period, end of story, but things like these make me like Bards even more than I already do. I would mention a specific incident but seeing as how I haven't played IWD nigh on 2 years, yeah...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.