1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Expansion or second part of adventures

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Dragoon, Jul 21, 2001.

1. Dragoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Does anyone know whether there is going to be some kind of expansion or maybe Planescape 2?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] There won't be. Torment didn't sell enough to warrant an expansion, let alone a sequel. Besides, it was meant as a one-volume game, not something you can stretch like Baldur's Gate.

3. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] That really sucks. This game was the best of the bunch. Just wish it had been marketed better.

4. Dragoon Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Thanks for replying to my post.
    This sucks indeed. I wonder, the same reason (not enough copies sold) was also mentioned in an explanation referring to the fact that there will be no Fallout 3 at the moment. However hack&slash games like Icewind Dale or Fallout Tactics sell MUCH better even though there is not much of a real RPG left in them (what's a RPG without sidequests and tough 'whom to trust' decisions?). So what's wrong with games that require you to use your wits for something else than just chopping your opponents to pieces?

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Buddy, you're very wrong - Fallout 3 is definetly under construction.

6. Dragoon Gems: 3/31

I know that there is most probably going to be Fallout 3 however as I read in some Vault 13 forum no squad is yet established to produce the game. However my point was that they used Fallout Tactits in order to interest more players in the series. And it worked. I wonder whether P:T would have better sale results if they just issued a version with all the dialogs and puzzles cut out leaving only sensless fighting. Anyway if pure hack&slash games are the future of RPG then this genre is going to die for me. Though there sometimes appears a spark of hope (Arcanum).

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I have changed this as it could have been considered a spam which i have been warned not to do.

I think the people who did the marketing of torment were either braindead or a load of monkeys that happened to be in the offices at the time. The marketing job was pathetic. I would never have known torment existed except by chance that one of my friends saw it cheap and wanted another rpg. Phew wat a stroke of luck.

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 06, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.