1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Eighth Dimension: #68 Nicklemasmas

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Jan 25, 2010.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Had a great day at LARP yesterday. With a lot of interesting happenings :) Got to speak to a lot of people and was also given a gift by Nicklemasmas himself!

Nicklemasmas was a man who rejected the greatest gift of all - life. He desperately wanted to die. As a result the Ancestors cursed him to immortality and to celebrate his curse everyone exchanges gifts and he has to give gifts himself. I got a little charm with lucky knots and little things inside it I might try and imbue in a ritual. I also got given a lammie (laminated card with a special ability that has to be attached to something to keep track of special rules)

The lammie is very special as it's usable for my character only, and lasts until her death, it is for the special ability Traverse Faction Ward, for me and one other person to use at a time. A very powerful thing! It had to be made by the head desk of LT even though the gifts are supposed to be arranged by the Viper faction as it's one of their events. The factions at LARP are all outlined with blue tape and have one entrance, often means the paths through from the faction to the central area can be awkward, they get muddy and sometimes aren't the direct way from one point to another. This means if Kev has to push me we can take shortcuts through other camps or not half to walk around a dozen tents to find the entrance, also means if I'm walking I don't have to push too hard to follow the rules. Also means I can abandon someone in an enemy camp, which would just be hilarious.

Turns out there have been several people in wheelchairs at the events before me, but they have all only done one or two events before giving up, I'm the only cripple to attend three main events and a minor event so far. I only missed one of the main events because Kev had to work as well. I've also arranged access to restricted knowledge (Daemonology) so I can train that after service to the mages guild, am also going to arrange to do more rituals for people and build up a more defined network. Though turns out a lot more people look out for me than I realised. I never seem to notice things like that though. I guess the human brain is wired to spot threats first :p

Kev has compared me to Spider Woman (Jessica Drew) :lol: as I am now a recruited spy for five different organisations at LARP. Simultaneously! I'm partly looking forward to see what happens if two of them fall out. It could be lucrative :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.